Sunday, January 01, 2012

I turned 30!

I kept going back and forth on what I wanted to do to Celebrate the big 30, and when it came down to it I decided to keep it low key and I had a FABULOUS Birthday. One of my favorites so far--hands down. It started the Friday before (12/16) when we went down to Indianapolis to check out the Lego store. I picked up a sweet set:





Here's Marcella and I ready to dig in Sunday after church. We both decided it would be best to separate all the parts by shape and color, and make a few different groupings...which eventually made Jon quit. (Did I say eventually? He quit before I'd gotten past "sort" in "sorting". Girls and boys just have different ideas of how to put stuff together.)






Only an hour and a half later, they're all sorted and ready to begin putting together (sorting 1600 pieces takes a while!).



It took us two days working off and on to put them all together. It was a fun ongoing project, but I didn't take any pictures of the final product.

On Saturday we had some friends over for a no-kids dinner party. We ate good food and enjoyed chatting. It was so relaxing and wonderful. (Again no picture. ugh)

We spent Monday (my actual birthday) making candy. This has been a big tradition in my family and I have had fun continuing it. It was a perfect way to spend my Birthday.












Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Terry said...

Wow - you are getting old - but then that means I am getting older. You look great. What did you do different to the coconut balls?

Jon W. said...

We put chopped almonds on the outside of the chocolate. It was really good.

Laurissa said...

Wow, welcome to the 30s. They're awesome! Really! Your candy looks really yummy. I hope you didn't take your lego set apart yet, I really want to see a picture of the completed project.

Gregory said...

I love the picture of Claire with the chocolate on her chin. The best part of making candy is the tasting.