Sunday, January 01, 2012


I got it. I sat and waited the minutes it took for Marcella to give me the look I wanted. I captured her shy, oh you caught me and extremely happy face and I couldn't be more elated. And after I got it, I went downstairs to thank Jon again for buying me a new lens for my Birthday/Christmas.

Marcella has always been (fill in her age) going on 16. She loves to be right in the middle of whatever we are doing and doing it right along side us. She is a night owl who at 18 months proved to Grandma that she would be able to stay up until someone put her to bed. (we finally drew the line @ 2 am.)

She has so many teenage attributes now that I hope when she is actually a teenager she will have outgrown all the bad ones and be heavenly. She would sleep in until 10:00 every morning if we let her.  On school days she always protests, saying "Can I please just stay home from school today? Please?"

She loves learning and always has a book or two she's reading. She tells me all sorts of amazing facts, like, "Did you know that some frogs not only eat insects, but eat other frogs?" or "Did you know that sharks are always growing new teeth? They use up more than 10,000 teeth in their lifetime." or "The Trap-Jaw ant can snap her jaw shut at the speed of 145 mph. That is fast." She loves to sew and is always asking when she'll get her own sewing machine.

But beyond all this, she has followed in her dad's footsteps and loves playing computer games. When it's my turn to host craft night, Jon and Marcella are usually both upstairs playing some game together. So you can imagine the pure joy she displayed when Jon surprised her with her very own steam account.  She is now officially a PC gamer and our house is filled with lots of talk about Terraria, Minecraft, Farm Frenzy, and most recently some racing games. (I know super hard core right?)

All of this finally brings me to that perfect picture. Jon had set up a time to play Terraria with his brothers, and of course Marcella wasn't going to miss out. Jon set it up so Marcella could chat with them while playing using some old headphones and the speaker on his laptop (since at the moment we only have one headset. geez.) And here she is in all of her adorable excited six year old glory playing games with the people she loves.


Love you to pieces Cella Bella!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Marcella - how fun for you just don't let it consume all your time like your dad does :) j/k I know he doesn't do that either.

Unknown said...

That is so adorable. Kanien, I think we better have a two week long sister's retreat because I miss you so much. Oh, I'm also very jealous of your new lens :)

Laurissa said...

Way to go--that is the perfect look! I love the socks on the head to hold on the earphones.

Katherine Wallin said...

I love her expression and your telling about it. I am happy they are coming to the sisters retreat!