Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cutie



Something funny...If you read Kanien's post about our zoo trip with Mim, you know Marcella drank from that purple Nalgene bottle. Well the other night I had filled the bottle with Kool-Aid because we were going to watch a movie and I didn't want it to spill. We didn't drink all of the Kool-Aid and so Kanien just put the entire bottle in the fridge. Yesterday when I got home from work I was a bit thirsty, so I took the bottle out to get a drink. When Marcella saw the bottle she about died, she was so excited. She screeched, reached out towards it and grunted quite enthusiastically.

I didn't want to give her kool-aid so I poured the kool-aid in a glass and filled the bottle with water. Marcella kept grunting and screeching until I stooped to give her a drink. She sat and drank for five minutes. I think towards the end she just liked the sensation of the water, because most of it ended up on her bib/shirt.

We bought her a sippy cup but she won't drink out of it. I don't think she knows she's supposed to suck to get the water from the cup...she expects it to just flow in there like it does from a normal cup or a bottle. Anyway, eventually she'll get the hang of it. I just thought it was funny that she recognized the bottle and wanted to drink from it so bad! I guess Kanien will have to buy another Nalgene!

Jon

4 comments:

Caroline said...

That's so funny Jon! And just buy a sippy guy without a valve, or take the valve out. Walmart sells these soft top ones for $1. I really liked those until Owen got old enough to poke his finger in the top and break the soft plastic.

Caroline said...

I think I was trying to type sippy cup!

Jon said...

I was going to say...she doesn't need any more guys! She's already got me!

Laurissa said...

That's funny. I'm always amazed by how smart they are. You can never pull anything over on them