Sunday, March 26, 2006

ThE zOO!

We had so much fun at the Zoo yesterday with Grandma and Daddy. Here are a few pictures of our adventures. (Marcella liked looking at all the people more than the animals, but we had a good time. Grandma had fun looking at Marcella looking at the people.) Both Kanien and I are writing things in this post, so even if it seems we're talking about ourselves in the third person, it could just be Kanien commenting about me or me commenting about Kanien.


There's a new Elephant paddock...sort of cool, but it still looks like a zoo cell. It'd be nice if they would try harder to recreate the animals' original environments...sort of like the Singapore zoo does.




Jon and Marcella...Jon was probably the strangest creature we saw at the zoo.











Marcella liked the feel of the snake...I know her mother's fear of snakes will probably makes its way into Marcella's psyche, but hopefully it won't. Then the vote for "snake as a pet" would be 2-1 instead of a 1-1 tie. Usually Kanien won't even go into the reptile house, but this time (it was snake day) she came pretty close to all of the snakes, and although she doesn't think so, I believe she was quite close to actually touching a snake herself.

3 comments:

Terry said...

I look like i'm losing my hair like the lady that we saw! It was a fun day at the zoo - and yes I did like watching Marcella watch all the people. Thanks for letting me tag along. love Mom

Laurissa said...

Marcella has such a cute smile. We stopped at the Pittsburgh zoo on the way home from Jeff and Caroline's and it's really big into creating the natural environment for animals too. Each section of the zoo is even landscaped in plants native to that area (Asia, Africa, etc.). I'm glad you had a fun time!

Caroline said...

Looks like a lot of fun. That's a pretty big snake Marcella is touching! I'm sure she'll love that picture when she's terrified of snakes. Good Job entering the reptile house, Kanien. I remember Jon trying to get you to go in the one at the San Diego Zoo.