Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pictures and more info on Marcella

Hi all...Just got back from the hospital...Marcella is still there. Now I have pictures!!!!! I've also got some more info, but we'll do the pictures first.

Here she is in her hospital crib. They're pretty cool, even if they remind me of a prison cell.


This is her with Mommy in the ER exam room. They had to admit us through the ER for some strange reason that I never fully understood.


Here's another crib shot


Here's a shot of her in her Primary Children's shirt. Every doctor that comes in to see her (including the residents (who are doctors) and medical students (who aren't yet)) comment on how alert she is. All of the nurses have assured us she's one of the cutest babies they've seen in a long time. When Kanien went home to take a shower, the nurses took Marcella to get a bath. When Kanien came back, she said the nurse told her Marcella had received six or seven "cutest baby ever" comments while travelling down the hall.



Here's a picture of the monitors on her stomach and chest. It also gives a pretty good idea of the distention of her stomach for those of you who haven't seen it. Whenever I see monitors like this, it reminds me of E.T.


Well now I've got to run to class, so I'd better go. I'll write the updates in a little bit. We love you all and thank you for your prayers. OK...just a mini update. They're sure it's not Hirschprung's Disease. They don't really have any other leads, though, and are going to do another Cystic Fibrosis test today. That gets my nerves going again, but I'm not near as nervous as I was last Tuesday. They're also starting Kanien on a milk-free diet (not lactose free, milk free) to see if Marcella is allergic to milk protein. That means Kanien can't really eat any processed foods, and needs to eat a lot of fruits and vegetabes. We'll be keeping Marcella on a formula-only diet for a couple of days to make sure Kanien's "possibly allergic" milk gets flushed from her system.

Well...gotta go, so I'll give a full update later today.

1 comment:

Laurissa said...

She looks so cute in her Primary Children's shirt!