Tuesday, October 02, 2007


We went to the cabin in August to help Jon's dad with a few things. He bought a smaller cabin right next to the other cabin, mainly so he could own the whole land there and no one else would build on it. Anyways, this is Marcella, she would say "mama, tats loud, pwug ears"

My first chain saw lesson. I had a lot of fun cutting a lot of trees for fire wood. After we were all done, my hands still felt like they were vibrating for an hour or so, but I really had a great time.


Jon got a two man saw and an iltis oxhead ax for his Birthday and he was dying to try them out. So there was this tree that we all agreed needed to come down. I have to say it was really fun watching them ax away and then watching it fall. who knows, maybe if Jon decides he doesn't like school, he can become a lumber jack. ;)


They make a pretty good team I'd say.



Well, that should last us through the winter. Which I am really looking forward to going to the cabin this winter. We haven't been able to go for about 2 years and I can't wait to get out there and ski. If anyone wants to come with us let us know, it is going to be so much fun this winter. I promise you will have a blast!

7 comments:

Jon said...

I'd have to agree, it was a lot of fun. The chainsaws made a huge impression on Marcella...if you ask her about it now she'll say, "Yeah....loud."

Terry said...

That's funny that she doesn't care for loud noises! I was in the shower the other day when she turned the vacuum on. You would have thought she was dying by the way she cried. She didn't like the air compressor either, that really scared her. It's nice to have a place to go to away from all the things of the world but if you became a lumber jack and lived there you would probably look forward to coming down here to visit and the cabin wouldn't be that place away from it all.

Jon said...

Oh yeah, as far as being a lumberjack is concerned....they're called Loggers, and pretty much machines do it all now. And the stuff that isn't done by machines (like snaking timber with stock in the winter) is done by really strong people. Despite what you might think, I'm not a machine, and I'm not really strong...so don't worry about us becoming loggers.

Katie Jane said...

Kanien,
I am finally getting around to replying. It was crazy that your mom happened upon my blog and you have looked so familiar. I have lots of questions for you. I finally put it all together that you lived in the 900 Court when we did. It seems like you knew Cansas and Jason Christensen? Do you know how to contact them now? Also, I was noticing that many of your pictures on your blog are really well done. Is one of you a photographer? I am thinking of learning more about photography, because I want to get some quality pictures of the kids and possibly some outdoor scenes, but don't know how much I would have to invest in time/money. Any advice? How did you start? Thanks, and sorry so long, Katie

Shauna said...

ahh, you look a little too comfortable with that chain saw? Is the 13th on a friday this month?

Cameron said...

Am I supposed to believe from this post that the men did all the work? Based on the evidence it would seem that Kanien did all the work while the men stood and watched. Way to go Kanien! You'll have an even greater reason to enjoy that warm cabin.

Laurissa said...

Wow Kanien, I'm impressed with your chain saw skills!