Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving

We had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner to welcome my parents back from Wales. It had all the goodies....sweet potatoes, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, and I even tried this dish called a Gruyere Galette...sort of a potato pie held together with Gruyere and fresh Parmesan cheese...it was pretty good, but if you're not a strong cheese fan you wouldn't like it. That being.....only my mom, dad, and myself really liked it.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jon said...

And by the way...that picture is from the actual meal. The galette is that brownish thing in the back.

Caroline said...

It was delicious! And I liked the galette, there was just so much food I couldn't eat a ton of it. I want you to make it again sometime:)

Laurissa said...

Why do you have to post a meal like this on a day when we had spaghetti with canned sauce and frozen mixed vegetables. And the day before that it was hot dogs and tatter tots (Isaac's birthday request, I really hate TT and we don't usually eat them). Then Mom told me about the dinner she made tonight, some pumpkin/artisan bread/fresh herb combination. Will you come and live with us and be our personal chef?

Jon said...

Laurissa...I'd love to come be your chef, but you'd have to agree to housing my entire family, as well as provide us food and a small stipend. I don't think you're that sick of Tater Tots yet...

Laurissa said...

How's $25 a month and you can have the entire basement? I think we have enough tater-tots to share.