Monday, June 12, 2006

sWimMiNg!



I bought Marcella a little swimming pool awhile ago, and she LOVES IT! It is fun to go out with her and let her play in it, she has a blast. When I first put her in it I thought this is going to be awesome, because it will be about the only time in her life that she won't get grass in her pool. Boy was I completely wrong. She loves to crawl to the sides and then pull herself up and grab handfulls of grass and put it in the pool. Who would have thought.

Here she is reaching for some grass...


Whoops! Over the edge!!!


I don't think she realized what happened...



She had a huge mouthful of grass after her dive, but it didn't seem to bother her at all.

We're having a fun summer so far, but it's going by WAAAAY to quickly.

8 comments:

Jon said...

Every time I see Marcella bailing over the edge of that pool I crack up big time. It was pretty funny to see her rolling on the ground, not able to situate herself enough to sit up.

Miriam said...

Those kiddie pools bring back so many summer memories! I still remember trying to drain the pool, stomping on the sides to get the water out, and breaking them in the process. At least Marcella isn't old enough to do that.

Laurissa said...

Lucky Marcella, our kids really want a pool (they did what Miriam described and broke our last one) but I haven't found any place that sells the hard plastic ones around here.

Brad and I love the shot of her falling over the edge--that was pretty good of you to catch it!

Spencer Wallin said...

Man. I can't believe how cute she is. I whis mom and dad would buy a pool for our house.

Caroline said...

She is so cute! I love her swimsuit. That's so fun you go out back so much with her. I need to take Owen swimming more! I can't wait until we can come join you.

Jami said...

Can I come over and play?

-Trenton

Katherine and Rick said...

What a cute little girl. When can I come swimming with her?
Dad

Katherine and Rick said...

I am slow to comment--but i love you Marcella. I am sorry you are back in the hospital. Love Grandma Katherine