Sunday, July 18, 2010

We are off and we made it...

We fit everything in this huge truck and all I kept thinking was wow, I can't believe we had most of that in our tiny 700 sq ft apartment.

Here are the girls after our first day of driving. We stopped in Omaha to sleep and boy was it nice. Both girls had a lot of fun running around in our HUGE hotel room and jumping on the beds after we ate Claire decided she would find a better place to play...

It took some pulling to get this little on out of here. She is so funny. We made it around 6 pm on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised that Jon and Spencer had already unloaded the truck. I am really sad to say that I don't have any pictures of our visitors... mom you need to send me some of yours. We were sure lucky to have Spencer, my mom and dad and Nathan. Thank you so much for helping us unpack, and kept the girls entertained etc. You guys are the best!!

On Thursday we took a break from unpacking and went to the first cool place we could find. (I am hoping I continue to find cool places to go here... but I am keeping my expectations low as to not disappoint myself and keep wishing we were back in Utah.) We went to the Zoo. The best part about it is that it is FREE. It isn't very big, but it was really fun to walk around and see some of the animals. Here is Claire chilling with the goats.

You can crawl through a tunnel to see the sea lion swimming around.

Pretend you are a gopher

See if you are as big as an Eagle,

Walk with the Kangaroos,

and even see a baby one. It is in it's mother's pouch.


They even had water you could play in which was amazing considering you felt like you were in an indoor pool, but there was no place to swim. We are slowly getting used to the humidity and I am enjoying the rain storms we have been having.


I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Love you all and miss you like crazy!!


7 comments:

Keersten said...

Holy cow! I assumed your new house was somewhere in Utah county. Where did you guys move to? Congrats!

Dani and Isaac said...

Glad you guys got there safe. Claire is so adorable. You should tell Claire and Marcella that hotel rooms are for JUMPING ON THE BED!! thats what I used to think when I was little. j/k that probably wouldnt be the best thing. anyways- good luck and keep us posted!

Jon W. said...

I agree, Dani. There's no better place to jump on beds than in a hotel room. I had a friend break a bed when we were on a ski trip in high school. He jumped from a loft to the bed and broke the wooden slats supporting it.

Keersten, we moved to Lafayette, IN so I can continue my schooling.

Terry said...

I didn't take any pictures either. Dad did and Nathan. We had a fun time with you. We didn't jump on the beds that night because we were all too tired!

Rosalee said...

I'm glad your trip there went well. I can't wait to see more house pictures!

Unknown said...

It sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you are enjoying it and i hope that one day you will stop sweating. I had enough of that in boston. I thought that I would never smell good again.

Lizzy said...

I miss you!!!! It's so sad that I can't just drive to Orem to spend the night, and that I won't ever run into Jon in the JKB. :( But I am glad you are having fun! The pictures were super cute!