Friday, July 23, 2010

Our First Week in Indiana

Sunday I had a couple of helpers and we made chocolate chip cookies. It was so exciting because we have been without a mixer for close to three months and we were so excited to be able to bake something. It was YUMMY!

Jon found a sweet garden that you can walk through. It is the closest thing I think we will get to being in the mountains, but we sure had fun hiking through the forest.

We made the girls climb up to this cave to get this picture, poor things they were surrounded by spider webs. At least we got Marcella to smile.

This really was fun. The only thing was it was HOT. It is hard when you are used to hiking and then after a while having to put on a light jacket because it starts getting a little chilly, but here I wanted to start taking things off. Jon was such a great sport carrying our little dead weight; Claire Bear.

Have I mentioned the bugs here? It has been interesting to see different kinds of bugs. One thing I am in love with are these. I have seen so many Butterflies it is amazing. They are all so big too. There are also some pretty interesting bugs that I don't want to even look at.

Let me tell you a little story. I remember when Marcella was really little and I don't remember if Jon told me or if I just decided this, but I wasn't going to let my little girl be afraid of bugs. Side note: I HATE bugs. They give me to willies. Anyways, I feel like I have been pretty good at stepping up to the plate when Jon isn't around and having her check out a bug here or there.

Well while we were on our little hike we found this fella. You tell me.....

Have I succeeded in creating a bug lover?


I think I have to give all the credit to Jon, mainly because I would not have picked that thing up ever.

Do you think she is enjoying the park in our back yard?

I think we all are. It has been so fun to run around the park while the girls play etc. I love it.

Oh little Claire. She has seriously made us laugh a lot lately. She loves to make you laugh as well and will try hard to get you to laugh. Jon asked Claire if she wanted a bite of his sandwich and this is what he got when he asked for it back.


We have been having such a good time. We miss all our family and friends, but we are trying to enjoy each day. We made it down to Indianapolis yesterday to go to Costco before we left Marcella said are we heading to Indiana-apolis? Hope you all have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Rosalee said...

I'm glad you're getting settled in! Do you guys have fireflies in Indiana? I always loved catching and watching those when I lived in Nebraska. We miss you!

Terry said...

Yes, they have fireflies - Marcella, Nathan and Jon caught some while we were there. Love the pictures! Looks like you are keeping busy and finding things to do. We love you.

Amie said...

I miss you guys so much already. I want to come see you. It looks like fun. It must be so nice to have a park right there.

Dani and Isaac said...

Isaac says where are the mountains? haha looks like you guys are having a blast. Now you just need that dog for the hikes and to help Marcella find bugs.

Laurissa said...

I'm so glad you have a park close and that you found a place for a hike. In the midwest hiking is the best in the spring and fall.

We miss you a lot!

Laurissa said...

I just looked at your other 2 posts and decided to comment here--I love your house. You'll have to post some pictures with your stuff in it now. Don't wait until it's perfectly decorated, it will never be perfect, right?