Thursday, November 29, 2007

Where did my little Baby go?

I just don't know when Marcella grew up. It really seems like yesterday that we took her home from the hospital, a couple times.. Now she is TWO. Lately she has been saying a whole lot of funny things and I thought I should start posting them so I will always remember, and I thought you might get a kick out of some of them as well.

A few days ago, I decided I'd better take some pictures of her since she looked so cute in this outfit. After a few thousand pictures she turned sideways in her chair and said, "wook mama, I rivin a boat." What a little sweet heart. She has gotten into this thing where everything is "cute." She will say "Mama, dat relwy pretty?" or, "Dat is so cute." Then (my favorite) after I do her hair she says, "mama oo I wook pretty?". I think We are going to have our hands full when she is older.

I wish I would have gotten the next one on video, or at least a picture. We were getting out all the Christmas decorations and I have some big flowers that I put out. She took one of them and said "mama, I get married," then carried it around for the rest of the night. I asked her who she was going to marry and she said "no" (This is always her initial response when you ask her a quesion. She says no, and then answers you. It gets a little confusing when you ask her yes or no questions.) and I said, "Maybe Trenton?" and she said "YA!" It was quite funny.

For the past few days Marcella has been wanting treats...lots of them! She always wants one right before dinner. Wf course the reply to her begging is, "You have to wait until after dinner." Tonight was the best. Jon and I were cooking some pasta sauce and decided to go to the store while it was simmering. We were in the kitchen making up a list of things to get. We always ask Marcella what she wants to get, and while she was watching her mom and dad debate over if it was ok to get treats tonight, she raised her hand and said "NO MORE TREATS TIL AFFER DINNER!!" It was soo funny.

She has started to sing songs. It has been so much fun to hear her sing. I am always amazed when she just starts singing a primary song or any song that we have always sung to her, but she has never sung along...It's like she just one day decides to sing it to us. Some of her favorites to sing are "I Am a Child of God" and "Jingle Bells." The funny thing about when she sings I am a Child of God, she has to pretend like she is playing the piano. I am not sure where she got this from, but whenever she gets by a piano she will start singing that song. If we aren't near a piano and I ask her to sing it she will either start leading it while she sings or pretend to play the piano.

Ever since she was little I have kept a kids CD in the car. Apparently, that's not very smart because now every time we get in the car she says, "I want Marcella's songs!" over and over until we give in. (Yes, she does know how to push our buttons!) As of late I have been telling her she has to take turns and let Mommy and Daddy listen to their music (I listen to country and Jon listens to Public Radio). So I feel like I am back in High School driving around with my brother and sharing the radio..."It is my turn, I hate your music" etc etc. She has almost gotten the concept. She will say "mama, are dese Daddy's songs? Or mommy's songs?" Then after a minute or two she will say "I want Marcella songs!" If we happen to not give in she will start singing her songs to herself.

The best for last. This is a picture of Marcella saying "i wuv YOU!" How can you not love this sweet face! (Sorry mom I will post some pictures of the Christmas decorations another night, you will have to wait in suspense.)

6 comments:

Terry said...

yes, the 2 years did go by fast. She is such a joy to have around. I love hearing some of the sayings and words that she comes up with.

Amie said...

that is so fun. I can't believe she is already two also. We miss being around you guys so we can see her grow up. Not that we are that far a way but when I use to be at your house like every day it seems like you guys are far because I can't just run over really fast.

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I love how marcella sings now! I can't wait to see you guys again and hear the funny things that she says!

Lizzy said...

Marcella is so cute! I wish I could have heard her say all those things. It just isn't the same when you read it.

bentanelle said...

She is adorable! is her natural curly or did you get her to sit still and curl it? She is so cute! we hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

Laurissa said...

She looks so cute, Kanien. She looks a lot more grown up with her hair like that. We miss you guys!