Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!


It took us a long time to convince Marcella to carve her pumpkin. She was terrified of it. I finally just said we are going to do it, and after a few tears shed by Marcella she gave in and had some fun.


After we got it all done and I put the candle in it, she started singing "Happy Birthday" and the proceeded to get me to sing to the pumpkin as well. After blowing out the candle we got a good laugh. What a sweetheart.


Here is our cute little Fairy. This year has been a lot of fun, because we have been able to get dressed up 3 times.


Here she was turning me into a frog.


We decided to go up to visit grandmas and grandpas this year. At first we weren't going to give in and go up but in the end we decided it would be more fun. Which it was. Marcella had fun seeing Sister Cloward, Sister Smith, Sister Perkins and of course her Grandparents.


My mom and I went to our trunker treating activity at the church on Saturday while Jon was at work. It was pretty fun. Thanks for coming with us grandma!


So besides the fact that our costumes weren't that good, I was Wendy and Jon was S'me from Peter pan, I vowed next year to have better costumes. I think Halloween is so much fun if you have a fun costume to wear. This was at Grandma Wallin's annual halloween Party. We had a great time this year. Marcella wasn't so sure about the pinata, but has been enjoying the candy. We also played bingo and got lots of fun prizes. Thanks Nana! We had marvelous time!

8 comments:

Familia_Henderson said...

Marcella is so cute- I love her costume! Are you all coming down for Thanksgiving?

Jon said...

Coming down....what does that mean? We'll be leaving Utah County for Thanksgiving, but that's the extent of our plans. If you're wondering if we're going to Idaho, we are not.

Terry said...

I'm glad you finally carved the pumpkin and she saw that it wasn't scarry. I had fun coming down and staying with you. Thanks for sacrificing the drive to bring Marcella trick or treating to our house. Jon thanks for all the time you put into fixing my computer and making it work better.

Amie said...

I think that Marcella's costume turned out really cute. I like that you had a theme going on with all of your costumes.

Caroline said...

I love the pumpkin! It is so cute. I agree that holidays are more fun with kids. They get so excited about everything. I really liked your costumes! Marcella makes a perfect tinkerbell, and you and Jon looked awesome too.

raoelinafamily_chronicals said...

now i get it jon was peterpan and marcella was tinker bell (i think)well you guys look great
anyways.. it takes some of us longer to catch on then others...it sounds like you all had a great time love nan

Jami said...

Kanien- I hope you are feeling better! I HATE being sick. It makes me so grumpy. Cute halloween pics! I'm so glad we got to see you when we were in Utah!

bentanelle said...

She is adorable! Addie sang happy birthday too! That is funny. You guys look great, no unfortunately I could barely get Ben to come with us, let alone dress up as a fat man! Sorry to dissapoint! Hope you had fun!