Saturday, January 13, 2007

Random




So I found a few pictures that I don't think anyone has posted, about putting in Mom and Dads tile floor. Wow, I learned a lot and I was only charged $5 an hour to learn how to lay the tile, it was Awesome! I really am glad I learned how to do that. It was hard work, but I think I will save myself a bunch of money when I build my house and can lay my own tile. I hope you enjoy these pictures, I am not sure if I have one of the finished project, but Dad might post some of his pictures soon, so you can go and look at his.



So I can't resist posting this picture of Marcella either. She is such a fun little girl. She now has a tooth! She doesn't have one in this picture, but I will post one soon of her first tooth that she got at 14 1/2 months old. We were beginning to think she was going to be toothless.

So my visiting teaching partner gave us some of the yummiest popcorn for Christmas, and I have made it 3 times since and even though it is only 8:45 am I am eating it. It is so yummy I just can't stay away. I am going to give all of you the recipe so you can try it and then let me know if you like it. Jon doesn't like it because he doesn't like sweet and salty things together let alone a lot of chocolate, but this is really good for all you kettle corn lovers. (Although I don't want you to be fooled, it doesn't taste anything like Kettle corn.) So here it is:

White Chocolate Popcorn:
1 Bag Butter Microwave Popcorn
1 Bag White Chocolate Chips or some White almond bark
Pretzels
Slivered Almonds

Pop the popcorn and then mix the popcorn with some pretzels and nuts and anything else you desire. I have added craisens and Marshmellows. So that is the fun part you add whatever you think will taste good. Then you melt your chocolate in your microwave and then pour it over your popcorn and mix together. It is sooo easy! I usually double it, but if you are like me, I always wonder why I doubled something because then I end up eating all of it. So just to warn you this is not a low fat, carb free, Cholesterol free snack. But it is delicous!

So I titled this random for a reason, because I thought I would just start posting and then write or add whatever I thought of so I hope you all don't get too Bored.




CONGRATS GREG!! We are so excited for you to start your new job. The only sad thing is we don't want you to leave. Marcella loves playing with Uncle Greg and we will be sad to see you go. We hope all goes well for you and we will have to come and stay with you for a few days this summer. Good Luck!



Here is the man who is as I speak, taking the GRE exam to get into Grad School, so if you read this soon, start praying for him. I am sure he will do great, he has been doing really well on the practice exams. We are just excited this day has finally come and will shortly be over. It sounds like he has a pretty good shot at getting into BYU this fall semester, so we will let you know when we find out. Well, Marcella is at Grandma's and Jon is gone, so I think I am going back to bed! Man, I don't think I have been able to sleep-in in ages! I hope you all have a great day!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

What a mix of emotions while reading your post! First I'm so happy you can come help me lay tile in our house we're going to buy in a few months. And then I'm stuck here at the library with only a little bag of pretzels, so you're popcorn recipe sounds awesome! I can't wait to try it. I'm glad I don't have to take the GRE! Good luck Jon! And I'm excited for Greg too!

Jon said...

So I got my GRE scores back right after I took it. You'll have to call if you want to know what I got. It's scored on a scale of 800...that would be perfect. BYU said 580 is competitive to get into their masters program. What did I get?

Tara said...

Jon you have to just post your GRE score because I don't have your phone number, and I'm too tired to call your mom and figure it out! Plus you are probably not home because you are out celebrating the 760 that you got!!!

I also didn't know that Greg got a new job--where will he be working?

Anonymous said...

It's awfully quiet here now that the young women Mia Maids are gone and Marcella isn't here. Thanks for letting me have her for a couple days. Now that you know how to do the tile you can do my kitchen, dining room, bathroom, laundry room, hall and entryway! Is that enough rooms for you to practice on for your house someday! Thanks for spending the afternoon here too! Love Mom

Laurissa said...

Can I add my name to the tile list? What more could my parents want of a daughter-in-law than someone who lays tile at their own house! They lucked out with you! I hope the GRE went well and I'll call to get your score!

I can't wait to try that recipe. I love sweet and salty so it sounds really good.

Jami said...

Hey, it was fun to see pictures. Marcella is such a little cutie! Also, Kanien, I'm SO SORRY I missed your b-day. Happy way late birthday! Hope you had a good one!