Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Night with Marcella



Can you believe how big Marcella looks in this picture? Her hair looks longer than I think it is. It is CRAZY how much they grow in such a short of time. I was really trying to get a good picture of her teeth, but much to my dismay she covered them with her tongue again. She looks so different when she laughs now that she has a couple of teeth, especially since she has one on the bottom and one on the top. Her second top tooth is coming in so she will have 3 teeth in about a week.



This is what happens when I don't pay attention to her. She is a fast climber. The biggest problem is that when she finally climbs up on something, she likes to stand up, clap, and say, "Yay!!" While doing so she gets a little wobbly and then cries, mainly because she is scared she is going to fall. What can I say though...I am a sucker and keep letting her climb. She actually at this momment is keeping me company while Jon is working th TV feed of the Grizzlies Hockey game. Hopefully she will sleep in tomorrow since it is soooo late (cross my fingers).





So any guesses on what Marcella ate for Breakfast? If you guess right you might win a prize. She even shared with her Baby. (Those of you who already know are diqualified.)



Marcella still loves her baby. She now will put her baby to sleep and then come over to me and say SSSSHHHHH. It's pretty funny. I hope all of you are having a wonderful evening.

I have another recipe I would like to share. Just to warn you, I usually make 2 pans, but like I said last time, I always double it and then wonder why I did because I eat it all. This is one that Jon even likes, so it has to be super good. Jon doesn't like baked goods all that much. I hope all of you enjoyed the popcorn.

Sinful Brownies


1 pkg Carmels
2/3 C evaporated Milk
1 German Chocolate cake mix
3/4 C melted butter
1/2 pkg milk chocolate chips

Mix 1/3 C evaporated milk, 3/4 C butter and the german chocolate cake mix. put half of it in the bottom of a 9x13 pan and bake in the oven @ 350 for 6 min.

Put the unwrapped carmels and 1/3 C evaporated milk in a bowl and microwave until creamy, keep checking and stiring.

When the brownies come out of the oven, sprinkle the half bag of Chocolate chip on top. then spread the carmel. Take the rest of the cakes mix and put on top. I usually do this with my hands and pat pieces and then piece it on the top, because you can't spread it. it doesn't have to be completely covered. then bake for 15-18 min.

These brownies taste the best when they are completely cooled. So if you want to eat them the same day, I put them in the freezer for about 30 min, or sometimes longer. if you aren't in a hurry just wait to eat them the next day. They taste better the longer they sit, and they'll be more solid after a day.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

She looks so cute! I think that's great you let her climb all over everything. It's so fun when they are excited about things. I can't wait for a tooth picture. Keep trying. I also can't wait to try the brownies.

Terry said...

did she have a gobstopper for breakfast? or was it the cookie that you offered her when we were on the phone? cute pictures. Was grandma still up when she was climbing on the table? Did she say anything if she was hehe! Love Mom

Terry said...

oh by the way cute outfits! How did they fit?

Tara said...

My favorite picture is the one with Marcella on the table because her toes are all stretched out.

Did she eat blueberries?

Kanien said...

Nice try on the two guess but both wrong sorry.

Familia_Henderson said...

Was it captain crunch berries? She is so cute!
p.s. yes- thank you -I am much better- I had a pretty nasty case of mastitis and got pills for it.

Granpa Dann said...

I think I have pictures of marcella from 25 years ago....it was her mom then. Still as cute as ever.

Laurissa said...

I think she had a blue raspberry fruit roll-up for breakfast. Kanien I can't believe you can eat two pans of brownies like that (:)) and still look as skinny as you do!