Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 2

Breakfast this morning consisted of eggs and toast.

Marcella: Well, if I am going to have a real breakfast, I better get out the pepper.

I think she may have Grandpa Hanson's pepper gene. That girl will not only put pepper on anything, but she will put a lot of pepper on anything.

Claire made it home and was happy. Which is a great sign right?! I wanted to share part of an email I received from her teacher. It made Jon and I chuckle a little. Sometimes I don't think people really understand that when I tell them she is a runner, she really is a runner. :)

From Claire's kindergarten teacher:

I know that it seemed confusing this morning…It always does on the first morning of kindergarten!  Claire calmed down as the morning progressed and was actually very content and happy later in the day.  It helps to have Mrs. Peoples with her.  She did run off down the hall several times and Mrs. Peoples went after her; but later in the day, when Mrs. Peoples was eating her lunch, Claire did beautifully in the classroom without her assistance. 


Today I met Mrs. People's at the front of the school and there was a little protesting, but no tears or screaming... definite progress.

1 comment:

Maren said...

I am totally stealing Cella's line for breakfast. She's my kind of girl!

Also, it's really good that Cole and Claire aren't in Kindergarten together because you just know that every time Cole caused a distraction with a melt down or tantrum or whatever, Claire would make a run for the border. Chaos and early retirements would ensue. :)