Thursday, August 07, 2014

Summer


Summer is slowing fading away and soon we will be starting on new adventures. Marcella in third grade, which was my all time favorite year in elementary school and Claire in Kindergarten. Yep Kindergarten. She will be their ALL day long. It tugs at my heart. I know I was sad when Marcella went, but this seems so different.

Since school hasn't started yet, I am doing my best to enjoy all of the time we get to spend together. I have been trying to say yes today. Have you ever tried that?  I came across a quote by Sister Hinckley many years ago and one of my favorite lines is "I tried hard never to say "no" if I could possibly say "yes"."  I have found I am a happier mom when I say yes more and today I am reaping the rewards of that small little word.  Blueberry muffins for breakfast, (side note: they looked picture perfect, they tasted....well let's say we were all disappointed and had a really good laugh) Painted fingernails, and chocolate chip cookies (Marcella's secret recipe). I can't wait to see what the rest of the day holds. 

Ciao,
Kanien


“My mother taught me some basic philosophies of rearing children. One is that you have to trust them. I tried hard never to say "no" if I could possibly say "yes". I think that worked well because it gave my children the feeling that I trusted them and they were responsible to do the best they could.” 

                                                                                                                       ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley 

No comments: