Thursday, November 08, 2012

Lizzy!


This beautiful, amazing, funny, smart, loveable sister of ours just got her mission call. Any guesses? Ours were all wrong. In Feb. she is heading to Lusaka, Zambia. Here is a map so you won't have to look up where in the world it is.



 I don't know about you, but when I think of Africa I picture things like:


 This, or these

 
 and I don't think Lizzy will get to do much of this:



 
 However I believe she will see a bunch of this:


This is a Lusaka market, and some tidbits of info about the country. Presently three out of four Zambians live in poverty and more than half of them are extremely poor and unable to meet their minimum nutritional needs. For poor rural people, ensuring food security is a constant preoccupation. Many of the poorest people live in households headed by women and households in which one or more members are chronically ill, generally with HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis or malaria.

On a more positive note the Zambia mission was opened in July of 2011! Zambia has some of the lower percentages of Latter-day Saints in continental Africa one member per 5,620 in Zambia . You will have your work cut out for you Lizzy!  As much as I just keep tearing up, I am so excited for you. I have such a HUGE array of emotions happening all at once. I am scared to death and very excited for you! I know you will be in good hands. I mean look at these Mission Presidents (This is them right?)


Mikele R. and Arlene C. Padovich

Mikele Roman Padovich, 61, and Arlene Louise Crist Padovich, four children, Zambia Lusaka Mission; Saugus 2nd Ward, Santa Clarita California Stake. He serves as a high councilor and is a former counselor in a stake presidency, bishop, counselor in a bishopric, ward mission leader, gospel doctrine teacher and missionary in the Northern States Mission. Executive, Warner Bros. Studio. Born in Burbank, Calif., to Joseph and Melba Mary Chadburn Padovich.
Sister Padovich serves as a seminary teacher and is a former stake Primary president, stake Young Women board member, Relief Society board member, Relief Society president, Primary president, and Young Women board member. Born in Gary, Ind., to Earl Clyde and Emma Alice Woolston Crist.


We love you Lizzy and am so excited for you! Marcella has been pouring over her atlas for the past couple hours talking non stop about where you are going. We can't wait to see the work of the Lord move along. Thank you for being such a great example. We sure LOVE you Lizzy!




2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Awwwwwwww..........thanks Kanien! I'm so so excited and nervous to go! I still can't believe I'll be so far away for a year and a half. Thank you for all the love and support. I love you!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you lizzy!