Monday, November 19, 2012

Daughters of God

One of the fun things about being in Stake YW's is I get the chance to teach twice a year. Yes get to. In theory I LOVE teaching the young women. In reality, my stomach turns to knots, my mouth goes dry because my eyes are taking up all the water in my body and those 6 girls I taught on Sunday scare me to death. However yesterday I was able to teach on one of my favorite topics: Knowing you are a Daughter of God. There is something that happens to you when you come to understand that we are truly Sons and Daughters of God. You act a little better and think differently about yourself and others. I thought I would share the videos I played for the girls. Hope you enjoy! Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Maren said...

I think you did a great, job, Kanien! The girls were extra-quiet for some reason; maybe they were too busy absorbing all the info. (That first video with the makeup and photoshopping and such was pretty awesome.)

It IS hard to teach YW because they ARE intimidating. Why is that? They're perfectly nice, reasonable girls. For me it goes back to all the insecurities I had when I was a YW. Even when you know you're a daughter of God, those insecurities can be pretty hard to shake.