Friday, November 02, 2012

Focus

A word that I have been constantly thinking and contemplating about lately is: Focus. Such an interesting word. A word that by itself doesn't mean too much, but when paired with something it can make all the difference. Which brings me to my life lately and the time old question, what am I focusing on? Well Lately it has been, Am I the Mother I really want to be?

A couple weeks ago I had a really bad day and I realized I needed to figure something out or I was going to snap. What it came down to was what am I focusing on? It started with my typical list. Well, I have been too worried about keeping the house clean and not keeping the feeling in our home a place you want to be. I am focusing on the things that "need" to get done rather than the people doing the tasks.  On and on my mental list went until really it came to a head when this inspired question popped into my head. "Do you even like being a Mother?" 

I love the old saying fake it until you make it, because I feel like it is so true. I have tried it in so many things and it really works so why not with Motherhood?  I started putting it to the test. What would I be doing if I absolutely loved everything about being a Mother? I would be constantly reading about Motherhood. I would be finding out different ways to improve and become the Mother I want to be.  I would be discussing it with other moms and putting into practice the things I learned. So in my search I found this wesite



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You make me want to be a Mother so bad. And I will, one day far, far in the future. I love you Kanien, you and your girls are so cute!

Kevin & Lindsay said...

Love this post! I have been thinking the same thing. Thanks! You are a great mom! I love that you got in the picture with your kids....funny I have been thinking about that lately too!