Sunday, September 05, 2010

Something old into something new

Do you remember this picture? After you get over how young we look and how crazy it is to think it was only 4 years ago, I want you to check out Jon's shirt. I was so excited when we found it. I had everything planned out and I wanted him to wear a shirt just like that, and I actually found one. Only problem, the sleeves shrunk so unless he rolled it up he looked like an 11 year old church boy. (Yes you can picture them right now... the pants are just a little too short and you can see a little more wrist than should really be allowed.) Jump a few years and this little one has been busy lately.

We decided to learn how to make some french bread and although it doesn't have that beautiful crunchy, singing sound, we still enjoy it. This is the one she made. It looked amazing. It was better than mine so we took that one over to the neighbors (baker in the making).

Marcella found this fuzzy guy a few weeks ago. We put him in a jar and decided he was lonely so we found another one. They have been living with us now for 3 weeks. They both have spun a cocoon and we were anxiously waiting for them to come out so we could see what type of Butterfly it was.. Well...


Out he came and it turns out our little pet was a moth. At least it was a pretty one.

After my last post I decided I really needed to buckle down and get on the ball. For about a year now I have been putting things in my bookmark folder. The other day I decided it was time. I needed to start sewing again and instead of saying, "oh I would love to make that," I needed to take some action. FIRST things FIRST.... how can anyone sew in a room like this? Oh wait, before I can even begin cleaning I need this to be taking place....

Don't be fooled. She was the sole reason the above room looked the way it did. Let's just say I had my hands full that day, and I was a bit relieved to put her down for a nap.

After cleaning and then making a few adjustments to a pattern I just went for it. In the end I am so glad I did and I have been stuck in my sewing room ever since. I will show you a few other projects soon, I promise. Hope you enjoy the fashion show....









Recognize this? Do you think it looks better on Jon or Marcella? Hope you all have a fabulous Labor Day.

11 comments:

Rosalee said...

Super cute!!! I think it looks way better on Marcella! (No offense Jon) Can't wait to see your other projects.

Caroline said...

Wow, It looks great! I love it. We all vote it looks better on Marcella. It is the perfect dress for fall:) You are so talented!!

Amie said...

Oh my gosh. Way cute!!! I love it!!! You will have to send me the pattern maybe I could do something with some of Cam's shirts. What a fun project. At fist I totally forgot that you had made it out of Jon's shirt. Wow what a transformation.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh my heck!! Kanien! that is the most ingenious thing I have ever seen! I am so proud to have a sister in-law like you!! I really miss you all!

Unknown said...

oh yeah i was looking at that picture yesterday of you, Jon and Marcella and I was think about how much you have all changed! Crazy.. :)

Laurissa said...

Wow--that is really cute. Can I put in an order?

Terry said...

Great Job Kanien. That turned out really cute. I didn't even connect it as being Jon's shirt until I read what you wrote - I'm a little slow. The bread looks great. Claire looks like Marcella in the crib sleeping. Grandma Dougal said you were very clever for making the dress out of Jon's shirt and talented.

Kevin & Lindsay said...

NICE!! I LOVE it. You did a great job on it. I see girls on blogs that do that all the time but I need a girl to practice on. You are WAY talented, I would love to do things like that. She is WAY cute in it :)

Sandi Summers said...

Why do you have to live so far away! I need you to teach me! You are fabulous! Aren't 5 yr old girls so fun to dress. They're the perfect models and they love it! Cute Cute:)

Spencer Wallin said...

Marcella is so stinking cute! I can't believe that it was once a shirt.