Friday, August 06, 2010

What have we been up to?

Today I received a dreaded task. I really hate it when someone in our household (um.....Jon) does something incredibly well, but asks me to do it for him. It makes me so nervous that I am going to screw up even though in my little head I KNOW I can do it. It seriously shouldn't be so hard. So while Jon got to take Marcella to see a movie, I received the task of making bread. I figure that while I am awaiting the next step in the recipe, I will indulge you with some things that have been going on lately. And hopefully, when it's been cooked, I will be able to show you a picture of bread that looks just like this one:
(I really shouldn't set myself up for failure like this. I don't think I will ever be able to make it look like that. I guess we'll find out in 25 more minutes.)

It has been fun to watch the storms here. You can look to one side of our house and see this:




Then you look to the other side and see this:
I am loving all the thunder and lightning.



Silly Girls

Did I mention it rains a lot? Since we have been here it has rained at least 5 days a week. This little down pour happened right after we all got back from exercising.



In about 3 minutes the gutters were full of water. Marcella was so happy.



Then the afternoon looked something like this:


I love Watermelon. We had a great time eating watermelon and trying to teach Marcella how to spit the seeds without getting slobber all over us. It was fantastic. I still don't think she has mastered the technique, but we will keep trying.



Not sure who started it (JON!), but we ended up having a water fight and sticking the girls in the swimsuits. I can't even remember the last time I had a water fight. We had so much fun.




Gotta love summer wedgies.








This is what Jon found when he came around the corner on Monday:
I guess she was a little hungry...




She would take a scoop in her hand and try to put it back in the box. With every handful she would say, "Thank You."

YUMMY!

"I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world, life in plastic it's fantastic."
(I bet you just said "c'mon Barbie let's go party. ah ah ah ah." just admit it. ha ha)

We went to the Children's Museum in Indiana-apolis as Marcella calls it. it was super fun. They had a huge Barbie play place. They were celebrating Barbie through the years. The girls had fun dressing up and going down the runway, doing hair and make-up, and looking at all the dolls.



Look familar Mom? That Barbie in the black looks exactly like your Barbie, We should make it some clothes like that.

The girls had the most fun in the section for kids 5 and under. They would have stayed and played in the sand part the whole time we were there. It makes me want to get a sand box, but I am afraid with the rain it will always be wet... any suggestions? Do you think they would still like it if it is wet sand?

When we pulled them away form the sand box Claire had fun feeding the birds. it is the perfect thing ever. You just stick the bug in its mouth and then it falls out and you just keep doing it over and over. She LOVED it.


Little gardener in the making:
Look out Caroline, you might have some competition.


This might not look like much to most people, but this seriously made me extremely excited:


I definitely wasn't this excited when Marcella started walking up the stairs. In my memory, she just did it one day and I thought cool. For Claire, this is huge. I must have looked like an idiot because I kept clapping and shouting, "Yay Claire Bear!"



Another milestone for little Claire was painting fingernails. She finally held still long enough for me to paint her fingers and toes. She looks so adorable. I LOVE it.


Our little Monster

Moment of truth. Definitely not as pretty, but I am willing to work on that. I am just glad I didn't burn myself or the bread, so I will chalk that up to a success. I hope you all have a fabulous day and I am going to go and enjoy this delicious bread. Ciao!

9 comments:

Rosalee said...

I love the rain too. We've had a few storms here in Orem the last few days and I love it! I wish it rained more often. It looks like you guys are having a blast in your new place! And great job on the bread.

Terry said...

It was fun to see you and talk to you on the video/camera. Thanks for suggesting it. Marcella looks like she had so much fun in the rain. Did Claire play in the rain too? Claire sure enjoyed the bisquick. I asked Marcella who won the water fight and she said it wasn't really a game, we were just playing. Enjoy your bread - looks good.

Keersten said...

So many fantastic pictures! Your bread looks wonderful! You should do a tutorial.

Spencer Wallin said...

Those pictures are so awesome! I haven't had anything near that much fun for a long time it's really kind of sad.

Caroline said...

The storms look awesome! I am sure Owen will be jealous when I show him the pictures of marcella playing in the water.

That's awesome that claire walked up stairs, definitely a bigger milestone than eating bisquick mix. And her nails look super cute, you'll have to paint them blue for Hannah. We miss you guys so much! oh and wet sand is not a good idea. All sorts of unwanted things start to live in it from bugs to bacteria. If you do want a box get one with a tight lid and then you'll be fine.

Unknown said...

I miss you all so much! Marcella and Claire are as cute as ever!

Katherine and Rick said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun. A sand box is great. We had one in Michigan, and never had a problem. You could put a roof over it. Leave it open on the sides.

Lizzy said...

Whenever I look at your blog I have this desire to pack my bags and drive to Indiana! Only 23 hours right? How bad can it be?

Claire is getting so big, and I have never heard her say 'thank you.' :'( We all missed you at Greg's birthday party tonight. It was our first family gathering since you left....and it felt so small. Everyone, kids and all, fit around the dining room table.

smlaw said...

So much fun. You guys have some great places for kids around you! Tell claire happy birthday for us- wish we could have been there with you guys! Love the pics of both the girls with the bisquick, the watermelon and claire in the salsa box. So fun!