Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sulfer Creek

Any seasoned Capitol Reef hiker knows Sulfer Creek is the crown jewel of the park. In the six times or so we've hiked it, I don't think we've ever encountered other hikers. It has some narrow sections (though it isn't a slot canyon), beautiful vistas of the variegated geology, and simple wet sections where you've got to go in the creek. This year, though, some of us finished without the water going much above our ankles. I didn't even fully dunk my boots.


Kanien is a master hiker. She did every hike with us and enjoyed them all. I can't think of a better hiker!


Mom caught Miriam attempting to push Chris off this cliff.


Here's another group shot

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miriam! I knew she was gonna do it sooner or later! good think mom saw it. Stopped Christ from a horrible death.
Just joking.