Thursday, May 08, 2008

Capitol Reef

Mom, Dad, Miriam, Kristin, Marcella, Kanien, Miriam's friend Chris and I all went to Capitol Reef a few weeks back. Kristin already made a post about it. These are some of our pictures. There are four posts in total. Picasa only lets me post four pictures at a time.


This is the picnic table at our campsite, after we emptied the entire Suburban, including the roof carrier, onto it. There was quite a bit of stuff, and my picture doesn't really do it justice.


Marcella quickly stared familiarizing herself with the campsite, and immediately took a liking to Grandpa's camp chair. She claimed it as her own, and used it the entire time.


This is a group picture from Sulfer Creek, a little out of order.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Terry said...

Way to go Kanien! Being pregnant and keeping up on all the hikes. you must be in pretty good shape. It looks like you all had a lot of fun. Glad that Marcella enjoyed it too. Look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Unknown said...

Sorry i have to admit. At the very beginning i told Marcella that she could play with the chair and that it was hers. I thought that you had brought it for her. I sure loved that camping trip!

Kevin & Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I can't believe you Kanien, with being pregnant & hiking. I think you are truly superwomen. We need to get together sometime. Hope all is well

Laurissa said...

Nice pictures, Jon. I still remember when you and Greg and I went in on that camping stool for Dad's birthday. I'm glad to see it's still getting good use.

I hope you didn't let the cat out of the bag about Sulpher Creek . . . my favorite was when we hiked it in the spring of 2001 and Greg said, okay, it's probably about 2-3 more hours and then we turned the corner and there was the visitor's center. He said, "I guess this hike seemed a lot longer on 8 year old legs."