Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Game of the Year

Kanien and I used to play Scrabble at least once a week, and I always won. Then we stopped playing, I think it must have been the arrival of Marcella that changed things, but can't really remember. Anyway...we recently resumed our Scrabble, but Kanien, after a series of pagan sacrifices to the Scrabble Gods, beat me 4 out of 5 games, and one game she beat me by over 100 points. I was totally getting schooled by her. I don't think I really cared that much, but then we played last week. She started the game with a really high-point word, and I thought, "Oh man...here we go." And that's pretty much how it went. She led the entire game, until I played my last word.....Banality! It got me 92 points and I beat her by 100 after subtracting her letters from her score and adding them to mine. The best thing about it is if I hadn't gone out, she would have used her X on a double letter score....to spell TWO WORDS, so she would have gotten like 60 points. Victory is sweet, but it's that much sweeter when you snatch it away from someone right at the end.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Familia_Henderson said...

woohoo! We love scrabble! In fact my husband and I and 2 of our friends in Missouri got facebook accounts just so we could play scrabble on one of the applications across states.
Then again, we like just about any good board game.

Lizzy said...

Banality?? What does that mean?

Jon said...

Something ordinary, or a platitude; trite or obvious remark.

Keersten said...

Very impressive!

Laurissa said...

Wow . . . an 8 letter word on a triple word score--for the last move of the game . . . will you ever dare play again?