Monday, December 17, 2007

Skiing


Dad and I are looking at pictures....Cross country skiing is one of my favorite childhood memories. So make sure all you parents go and buy some skis and get your kids out there. Dad recounted a funny story of the first time Russ Riddle went CX skiing with him. They had gone above Bountiful on some pretty easy terrain. Every once in a while there'd be a bump or rise in the trail, and Russ would fall. Laurissa finally got fed up with it and said, "Excuse me...I have to get by now."
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, the memories! That is a great story - thanks for posting it. Merry Christmas! Jessica Ward

Jacci said...

hey its Jacci. thank you for the darling christmas card!! it was fun to hear from you guys!! we hope you are doing well!!

Unknown said...

that is way funny! I remember going out xc skiing when it was like 20below or something in the early morning with mom and dad. I can't wait to go up this year!

Laurissa said...

Being at the point I am now I can't believe Mom and Dad found a babysitter for Miriam (and Caroline?) and got all the gear, coats, food, and everything else ready to take us cross country skiing. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

And who know I was such a feisty skier.

Caroline said...

Laurissa, I think I was there and that Miriam was in the backpack. They sure started us out young! We were lucky.