Monday, September 17, 2007

More Summer Fun!


Marcella loves going to the park, and I admit, I don't go as often as I should (which reminds me, I was suppose to go today...well better luck tomorrow). She has now started doing things on her own when we go, which is nice. She loves to climb all over the place and go down the slide. Her all time favorite thing is the swings, even though they make her fall asleep every time she is in them. It's quite funny to watch.




This is when we went to Layton Park. What a Cutie Pie!



This one explains a lot.


This is in Colorado. We went there for Jon's Cousin's wedding. We drove in, went to the temple and two receptions, then drove back. It was quite a whirlwind trip with no time to spare. Jon did their wedding video. It was sooooo much fun. Marcella really enjoyed just running around all the time.


Jump! She had a lot of fun playing with Grandpa as well.


This made me really surprised. Marcella, usually, will not eat frosting, or even cake for that matter. She will look at it and say, "That makes me sick" (which comes out more like "dat me sik"). So I was amazed when she said she wanted some cake at the wedding. I thought she would take one bite and then be done, but two entire pieces later, she was still loving it. I can't say that I blame her. I still think about Christina's cake, and how much I want to eat it. It was an almond-poppyseed cake. It was sooo good. We were lucky to get to go to both receptions (She had one in Greely, CO and one in Colorado Springs) and have a lot of cake. YUM! (If anyone would like to know I am going to have it at my Birthday party in December, if I can find the recipe. Man...it was good. So if you want to try it come on over, great, only it isn't until the 19th.)


I think this is funny. The Crowthers have a lot of wildlife come into there yard, and yes there were about 5 deer there waiting for the reception to start. Only...poor Christina...It started pouring rain at 4 pm, right when the reception was scheduled to start. It didn't stop until 7pm, the end of the reception. What a coincidence.


Well I am sitting here thinking why in the world aren't you in bed., but I just can't seem to pull myself away. I just have to add a little thing, because I know I am going to forget this and then never remember to write it down to tell Marcella when she is older, so here goes. Marcella watched my mom's cat, Socks, throw up one time. it was about 2 months ago, and she still to this day remembers it in detail. When we are driving in the car she will say, "Mama?" and I will say, "What?" and she'll say "The cat threw up...like bluh bluh" (sounding more like..."Mama...cat frew up...buhk...buhk...yukky") and put her hands by her mouth to show you how it happened. What a silly girl. She'll talk about it at completely random times, and sometimes go on for 15 minutes about the cat throwing up. I can't believe she is obsessed with it. It is so funny. Have a good day!

6 comments:

Terry said...

she does love the park. I think it's cute though how you will tell her okay just 2 or 3 more times and then we are leaving and she will say okay but when those turns are up she will say one more please! that is funny about the cat that she still talks about it. Love Mom

Jon said...

What a great post....I wondered why you didn't come to bed for so long. I just have to add my opinion of Marcella's cat-vomit obsession...I was right there when she saw it, and she was completely fascinated. I didn't know what was going on at first, and when I found out, I tossed the cat outside. Marcella was really curious as to what all the stuff was on the carpet...and couldn't believe it came from the cat's mouth. It's amazing how she (Marcella)will be doing nothing in particular, like riding in the car, or running around playing with her things, and all of a sudden she starts talking about the cat's throw-up episode. I think that, if her stomach gets a little upset, she's reminded of when she's thrown up, and that triggers her memory of the cat throwing up.

Laurissa said...

Those pictures are so cute. Mom got Lily that same blue dress, it's really cute on Marcella. (It's still too big for Lily). That's funny about the cake, so can she eat things like that now? If so it sounds like she has some lost time to make up for. That's funny about the cat throw-up--you try so hard to make great memories for your children and then the ones that stick are ones you would never imagine (as important)!

Jon said...

RE: Cake, etc...

She's doing pretty well with things like cake....actually, she's doing really well with pretty much all milk products. I read on PubMed that 80% of infants and toddlers who show symptoms of milk-protein allergy have no symptoms by age 2...90% by age three. She doesn't really like to drink straight milk, but she will eat cereal with milk, and she loves cheese products. Sometimes she still gets a rash, but she hasn't thrown up from it for about 2 months.

Jami said...

I love the look of your blog. I need to get around to updating ours....how are you guys liking provo? Maybe you should do a post with Jon standing in front of the cougar or something :) We're coming to Utah soon, so we'll have to hang out. I bet T would love playing with Marcella.

Tara said...

Great pictures! Marcella is so adorable. I really like the ready, set, go pictures. :)