Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The County Fair

One of my favorite times of year is when we get to go to the county fair. Every time we go I want to have a small farm. There is just something that appeals to me about going back to the day when things weren't as busy as they are now. (Well I know things were busy then, but not in the same way) Anyways, we went to the fair this year with My Mom, Owen, Hannah, Jon's Dad and Caroline.


This is Marcella when we went to the fair last August. I really can't believe how fast kids grow up. I knew it was fast, but when it is your own, man time really flies by.

This is her now, any big changes?


Ever heard of Kissing a Frog? Well I am hoping that kissing a goat will give us millions, I will let you know if it worked.



This really is one of my favorite pictures, well this one and the next one. When you are looking at the pictures in order it makes me laugh every time I come to these two. Even though it is a little sad.


That poor goat scared the Dickens out of Hannah, Poor Girl, I really felt bad, but I can't help but laugh.

The petting area is by far my favorite. I tried to get some good shots of Marcella with the animals, and I didn't get as many as I would have hoped, but here are a couple.


Marcella loves Charlotte's Web. (the cartoon) So she was so excited to pet a pig. Until we got to the really big ones, they scared her so bad. It was pretty funny.

Looks like Hannah recovered from the scary goat. What a cutie!

This is also one of the sequenced ones. This one make me laugh every time. Little kids are the best.

It looks like these guys are having some kind of meeting. Caroline, enlighten us, what did you guys talk about?


Well, Time to head out. Thanks for the Kettle corn Aunt Caroline. It was YUMMY!


6 comments:

Terry said...

yes they do grow fast so make sure you enjoy every minute with her and Jon! Thanks for the pictures I enjoy looking at updated blogs. The popcorn was wonderful Caroline - I would like the recipe. Poor Hannah was so frightened but it was kinda funny how she just all of a sudden let out this cry and had such a scared look on her face. The best though I thought was when Marcella was looking through the cracks at the pigs and then dancing around in circles all excited! Love ya Mom

Caroline said...

Oh ya, Hannah was so freaked out by the animals. She's never clung to me so tight. Those pictures really capture it. It is funny how excited Owen and Marcella were about the animals.

About the cows...well I knew I couldn't get the kids to look at the camera so I just decided to have them look at the cows.

Laurissa said...

I like the new look of your blog Kanien. The pictures are all so cute. That was the perfect dress to match the colors of a "farm." The State Fair sounds fun, we missed ours this year. We'll have to go together in a few years!

bentanelle said...

Hey Guys!!
We got your blog address from Shauna and Rich Teames. They have moved down here and joined us, they are great!
You guys look so good, I can't believe how big Marcella is! She is beautiful!
We really need to catch up, our blog address is bentanelle.blogspot.com so you can look at that if you want, I need to update it more. What took you to Provo? Man, we are so out of the loop! email us if you get a chance!
Ben and Tanelle

Tara said...

Favorite state/county fair memories: grilled corn, giant cream puffs, the ferris wheel, the petting zoo, and the wonderful smell of a farm.

I have always wanted to live on a farm. I would love to raise our family on a farm so that we could all work and learn together. Have you read Crunchy Cons? Rod Dreher talks about the family farm and articulates my feelings about living close to the land--the seasons, your sense of stewardship, working hard to provide for your family, learning to trust God. I'm pretty serious about someday moving to a farm and raising cows and chickens and produce the way they should be raised...organically. I guess I'm pretty crunchy!

Cameron said...

You guys have the coolest blog by far. I should hire you to keep ours up to date. You've got some great pictures of the moment also. I couldn't believe the difference between those pictures of Marcella last year and this year. She has grown a lot.