Monday, April 23, 2007

Here goes nothing!

I have decided to get caught up since I am getting tired of working on my projects and cleaning at the moment. So I hope you all enjoy all the fun pictures.


This is Marcella and Mitchell. We went to Jon's Mission reunion Conference weekend. Let's just say it is always an adventure. This year nothing too bad happened except we went to a pizza place, and waited for over 2 1/2 hours to be seated and we ended up just leaving. So we headed to the reunion without food.

Here is President Sowell, Nick Meldrum, Jon and Marcella, and Zac Robinson. After the reunion we went out to Mr Z's. It is an Italian place, and it was pretty good. At least we didn't get towed this time.


So to keep me busy for the last who knows how many weeks, I have been trying to organize and dejunk our place. I have been pretty successful so far, but I still have a long way to go. Marcella loves to be right in the middle doing what she can to "help". During this stage of the dejunk, I had to part with all of my AP Calculus and English notes. So sad to see them go, but seriously am I ever going to use them again, let alone the last time I looked at them was when we moved in here. At last I gave about 10 sacks of stuff to the DI and filled our huge garbage can of trash, so I am on my way. I would love helpers......


We took two family pictures on Easter and this one turned out pretty well. Hopefully we can get another family picture taken soon. I can't believe how fast we are getting old and Marcella is growing up.


This was up at mom and dad's on Easter. Marcella loves to smell any flowers. I think it is super cute.

So the day I left to go and spend a week at Laurissa and Brad's in Michigan, I must admit I didn't keep a close eye on Marcella. I had so much packing to do and I was trying to get the house in order somewhat before I left. So this is where I found her, she had climbed up here all by herself and was playing with the q-tips. I think that is her favorite toy.

This is at the Childrens Museum In Ann Arbor. It was so much fun. Marcella really liked it, and I just wished I had play areas in my house that would entertain her this much.


This was a lot of fun, it was a huge U shaped tub that slanted downward so at one end there was a lot of water and at the other it was draining out, but Marcella had a lot of fun. She Loves the water.



Marcella and Grace had fun on the tramp. Grace was so nice to play with Marcella. She loves being outside and on the tramp. Even though it was freezing, we all still had a good time. This picture makes me laugh because Matthew wanted to be in it, but he wouldn't smile. What a cutie.





The train ride. I know Laurissa already wrote about how cold it was and how much fun we had at Greenfield Village, but I just want to emphasize it was FREEZING!!!!!! The funny thing was after a while, you just stopped being cold and had fun. I would love to go back, I don't think that I got to even see all of it, but it sure was fun. Marcella still talks about the train. She loved riding on it. I think that was her favorite part of our vacation.



This is Henry Ford's toy box, inside the house that he grew up in. It was fun to be able to play with the toys he did, although it wasn't much. There was a couple wooden animals and some big checkers etc. but man I bet he had an imagination.


Marcella was indifferent about the carousel. I kept trying to get her to look at me so I could take her picture, but she just kept staring at the kid next to her. Propably because he kept telling me what to do. "You better hang on to her she is going to fall off." "You can't let her ride alone blah blah blah." I am glad that I was able to get instructions from a 10 year old who I didn't even know.




Here are Grace, Isaac and Matthew working a printing press. It was pretty cool, they let them press their own piece of paper. It makes me glad for computers, it sure would be hard to use a press everyday.


Here are some sweet kids. This was on Sunday. They all had a good time playing in the tent. I think by the end Matthew had all the blankets in the house inside there, but it sure was cozy.

Well, I am sad that I didn't take any pictures of our plane rides, you all would have gotten a good laugh at how much stuff I brought to entertain Marcella. Well, it worked, but I could have done without a bunch of stuff. I sure had a great time at Laurissa's. Thanks for letting me come. I am excited to see you again in August.

Well, I better get back to quilting, so I can try to have the quilt done this week. Sad that I don't have any pictures of all of us working on it. I will post a finished picture though, it is really pretty. Well, I hope you all have a fabulous day.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Way to go Kanien....that's an awesome post!

Terry said...

Yeah Kanien! It's always fun to look at a new post. It was fun to look at the pictures of your trip. I liked your Easter family picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow- that was a huge blog! I always love it when someone I know updates their blog. Your family picture was adorable!
-Whitney

Laurissa said...

Cute pictures! It was so much fun having you and Marcella here. We miss you a lot!

That's so funny about the boy on the carousel. He must has very protective/safety parents!

I'm glad we went to GFF even though it was freezing. There is TONS we didn't see, who knows if we'll ever even see it all, because I know everytime we go we'll be riding all the rides!