Sunday, April 01, 2007

March


So I openly apologize for not updating this as much as I should have last month. Please forgive me, but after this week I hope you will understand why I haven't. It sure has been a crazy month.

My Dad came home for his two week leave from Afgahnstan, on Saturday March 3. Talk about fun. It was so good to see him. It felt like he had been gone forever! So we spent those two weeks going back and forth to spend time with him. I really had a blast hanging out with the family. It is just so fun to be with everyone.



Meanwhile we celebrated Kristin’s Birthday and these are the only pictures we took on her B-day! Sorry Kristin, we didn’t even take a picture of you. Man that means you need to update your blog with all the fun pictures Dad took at your party. Here are a few pictures of the fun things we did with my Dad.

The Zoo is always a fun place to go. Especially in the winter and spring. The animals are really active. The bears were going crazy it was pretty fun.






The Saturday before he left we all went fishing. I guess it was first only going to be a guy thing, but we all went along anyways. (We were bummed Dave and Rose couldn’t make it though.) I thought this is going to be soo much fun, Marcella can play in some sand by the river and play with her new shovel and bucket and we can bring the tent and relax and fish, well all of that really did happen, except… There wasn’t sand it was MUD, and lots of it.




YUM MUD!

Needless to say we did find a place to set up the tent that wasn’t too muddy and Marcella still had fun playing in the mud. Oh and eating it!! We ended up with only catching two fish and Jon getting his fishing license checked and given a warning, (you’ll have to ask him about it.). All in all we had a blast. Marcella is now officially ready to go camping. Although trying to get her to take a nap in the tent, made me think that I need to start having her take her naps outside in the tent everyday, so she will actually do it when we go camping. Marcella will not go to sleep unless she is in a crib or her car seat and that one is a maybe…. Any ideas?

Saturday we sleptover at my mom and dads to hang out with them before he left on Monday. That was a lot of fun, we miss you Dad. I can’t wait until you can come home again! Marcella will look at your picture and say “granpa” it is cute.







Well, this is just some things that have happened, and I decided instead of one huge post I am going to just do some small ones almost everyday this week, so I hope you all enjoy. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jon said...

I gotta say, fishing was fun. I was fishing "moving water" in a restricted area....I thought I was on the reservoir, but the game wardens are the ones who interpret the law...anyway...they only gave me a warning, so it's not a big deal anyway. It's the first time my license has ever been checked. Before we bought the licenses I even entertained the thought of not getting one, just since I'd never been checked before. Of course I'm glad I was honest.

Caroline said...

What fun! It's fun to see little kids get all muddy. She is so cute I can't believe it.

Terry said...

I'll have to agree with Jon - fishing was fun - even though I didn't fish. Thanks for making me go! Playing in the mud with Marcella was fun. she would have gone to sleep in the tent if we wouldn't have had so many interuptions! When y ou are in the tent just make sure there is nothing for her to play with and then you pretend to be asleep and eventually she will give in and fall asleep! it might take an hour or two though the first night but each night will get easier. I'm glad you were honest too Jon! thanks for the updates on the blog - the pictures are fun to look at. Love mom

Gregory said...

Did you eat the fish? If you come up to the cabin we should go fishing. Perhaps we could find some high mountain lake in near by.

Caroline said...

By the way that is a totally scary picture of the bears. Sharp claws and teeth!

Granpa Dann said...

There was sand but you didnt want to go upsteam. but then again it was rather steep all around the lake. Thanks for coming along anyway.

Lizzy said...

Looks like fun! I want to know who caught the two fish. Marcella is such a cutie! I loved her hat. :)