Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

Kanien made some really good cookies. Marcella got to lick the beater. I can tell Kanien loves me because she left chocolate chips out of 5 of the cookies for me!



Here we are at the East Millcreek Easter Egg Hunt. It's put on by the East Millcreek Lion's Club.....they kept trying to get everyone there to join the club. There were probably 1,000 people, divided into age groups (1-2, 3-4, 5-6. 7-8, 9-10). Marcella's group was the most empty by far.



Before it started, I was thinking to myself, "Marcella only needs two or three eggs." But after it started, I noticed all these parents going CRAZY, putting tons and tons of eggs into their toddler's baskets. Suddenly I found myself scrambling for the eggs around Marcella, protecting what was "rightfully hers" from all those greedy parents.



Then I realized I was acting sort of silly, and just let everyone take them. Afterward, I was surprised at how greedy everyone (myself included) got just for $1.25 worth of candy. But I think Marcella had fun there...next year we'll be going with Owen, Hannah, and Marcella!!



This is the only picture we've got of Kanien's mom's easter egg hunt. She always hides enough eggs for everyone to get as many as they like. Marcella is two weeks older than Terri's neighbor Lily. They're pretty good friends.


We went to Grandma Wallin's (great-grandma for Marcella) and had an easter egg hunt in the gully. It was really fun. We were all surprised by Mom and Dad who came home early so they could be there.










This is the only picture of me with Marcella.


Finally, this is our house, this morning. We just put some books in her basket and let her find it. We had fun. Kanien isn't eating candy any more so she got 3 packs of vegetables and cheese in her stocking.

9 comments:

Laurissa said...

I can't wait to see Kanien and Marcella tomorrow! I'm jealous of all your outdoor pictures. We have SNOW on the ground. Jon, I didn't know you didn't like chocolate chips. I'm going to really have to think about this--and I hope I can still hold a high opinion of you!

Marcella's hair looks nice at the EEH. Were those real eggs? They didn't look plastic, but I guess they must have been.

Caroline said...

Marcella is so CUTE! She looks so grown up I can't believe it. All the festivities looked fun! I can't wait to come with you guys next year.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable easter basket! Happy Easter! I can't believe how big Marcella's getting!

Anonymous said...

P.S. that was me- I just forgot to put my name :o) Whitney

Granpa Dann said...

I loved the pictures, hope there are more to come from Grandma D's easter egg hunt, it always is apretty good one. Love ya lots Granpa Dann

Jami said...

Wow! I can't believe how old she looks! Kanien-I am really really impressed that you aren't eating candy anymore. I wish I could do that. I don't think I have the will power....

Caroline said...

I have to keep coming back to look at these pictures. Marcella is just so cute and looks so grown up!

Unknown said...

That is sdo cute and it looks like you all had a lot of fun!!

Tara said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Marcella is adorable. Now, were the books you put in her basket new, or ones you already have? We have been known to give Matthew things he already has...very cheap, I know, but hey, he doesn't notice, the house is less cluttered, and, well, it's free! But you guys probably didn't succumb to those temptations, they are probably new. ;)