Friday, May 04, 2007

Big Mistake

Kanien had a rough afternoon yesterday...For most of the day, Marcella had occupied herself by removing any sort of order from all of our living space. We once nicknamed her "Captain Entropy," a name I'm confident could apply to any and all toddlers of 18 months. Kanien wanted me to take her somewhere far, far away, so she could wind down and get some stuff done. So we went to the park.




After we came home from the park, I gave Marcella a bath. I asked her if she wanted bubbles, and she responded with an excited ah-huh (she doesn't say yes)...and since we didn't have any bubble bath, I just poured half a bottle of Suave Shampoo into the tub, thinking it might work. Well...it worked alright...and we got more bubbles than even I bargained for, which Marcella loved! Bubble baths are a bit tougher than normal ones, as the simple, "Don't splash so much" turns into a much more complex montage of "Don't eat the bubbles! Don't drink the water! Don't touch your eyes! Don't dump them out of the tub! Don't lick your hands!" and so on...here are a few pics of the spectacle.








This was after I'd taken a whole bunch of pictures, and she wanted me to get her a cup to play with...that's usually her favorite bath toy, so I complied...after which she promptly attempted to mix a bubbles and bathwater cocktail. I didn't want to have a bubble-burping baby all night, so I took it away really quick. It made her growl at me.

7 comments:

Terry said...

sounds like you had a fun night with Marcella and also let Kanien have some down time! I get a kick out of asking Marcella what she dreamed about. Today when I asked her she said daddy!

Lizzy said...

Marcella is so cute! I want to take a bubble bath. Just Kidding

Gregory said...

That look reminds me a little of Frodo when Bilbo asks to see the ring.

Granpa Dann said...

Marcella does look very cute in the bubble bath.

Terry said...

so when are you going to post the picture of the finished quilt?

Laurissa said...

I love it when Marcella says, "uh-huh." When she was here, that ws her response to almost everything I would ask her. "Uhhh-huuuhh."

Katherine and Rick said...

I LOVE BUBBLE BATHS! I"ll have to try a 'Half bottle Suave type. I'm happy you didn't drink all the bubbles and stay up all night watching yourself laugh as the bubbles came out of your mouth.
Grandma Katherine