Sunday, December 04, 2005

We're Home!


As Owen likes to say. It has been the best 7 hours of my life! I am so glad to be home. When we got here everything was a mess and it took a bit to get it all in order, but we now have Christmas decorations up and have officailly watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. So we are ready for it to come. I just wanted to Thank all of you for everything that you have done for us. It really has meant a lot. It is so great to have such wonderful Family and Friends. I don't know what we would have done without you. Thank you for fasting and praying for Marcella, we have truly been blessed and are grateful to the Lord for all that has transpired. I know it is because of your prayers that we are home today.

Just to fill you in case we haven't been able to talk to you, Marcella has C-diff. (clostridium difficile) It is a bacteria that everyone has, but she has too much of it, so we are treating it with Antibiotics. The only problem is, is that they tried two things as once, me going on this diet and finding out about the bacteria, so they are not sure which one is working. So the Dr. wants me to stay on my diet (which consists of eating fruits, veggies, and meat) for two months. Doesn't that stink. If I am not down to 120lbs by the end of it, she (the doctor) is going to get it. :)

Marcella is still one happy baby girl. It is truly amazing how happy she is. Did I mention that she is up to 7 lbs 7 ounces! It is amazing because in 6 days she gained 13 ounces. Almost a full pound. Thanks again for eveything. Jon and I feel very blessed to have all of you in our lives. We love you!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm so glad you're home and that Marcella is doing better! She looks happy in the picture. Sorry you have to stay on the diet. I know I wouldn't last a week. Good luck. We miss and think about you guys all the time!

Laurissa said...

Yeah Marcella! That's amazing she's gained so much weight! Maybe the more she gains the more you'll lose. I'm so glad you're home. Good luck with everything and enjoy the Christmas season. Say hello to Temple Square for me.