Thursday, June 24, 2010

Post 5: One Day Vacation

Jon and I LOVE Salt Lake City. I know it is an almost unreachable dream, but I would love to move back and live here someday. We took a day off and went to explore Temple Square.


Claire couldn't have been Happier. She could go almost wherever she wanted and she enjoyed every minute of it.

Well until something like this would happen. She would get so mad when Marcella tried to make her go where she wanted, but .....


Claire would have none of that. When she saw her chance she would take it...



And run her little heart out.


We decided to take a tour of the Conference Center first. It is beautiful and amazing.



Both girls liked the top the best. I think they liked it mainly because they could just run around and climb up on things. I loved the view. All the wildflowers were in bloom. It smelt like heaven up there.


Then we headed over to have lunch at the Lion House. It was the perfect place to eat. We sat outside and when the girls were done eating they just played on the steps and the grass while Jon and I got to enjoy our meal. It was fabulous.


Next stop: Temple Square. Marcella loved this fountain.



and this one...


mainly because she was splashing her Daddy.


She loved this one too.



Claire was still in her "running around mode" so I couldn't get her to hold still by Marcella next to the Christus. I love being able to go and see this statue. It is so calming to just sit and look at it.

Next stop was Gateway to let the girls play in the water. I will let you decide who had more fun.






This will go down as one of my favorite days. It was so nice to spend time together and for the most part it was all free. I can't wait until we can do it again.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Wow I'm impressed with all the posting you have been doing. I love the pictures - Claire and the marshmellows is pretty funny. That's too bad she didn't enjoy the water - looks like Marcella had a great time though. Keep them coming. Lot's of fun times and memories.