Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Count Down

I have been excited for this Christmas Season. I got almost All of my Christmas shopping done the day after Thanksgiving and I have been working on my plan for our count down for weeks! It has taken a lot of time and planning, but I am ready and the past couple days have been a blast. The first day of our countdown we made the chain. I am still amazed at how little you have to do with kids to make them have soo much fun. On the inside of each ring has the craft or thing we get to do for that day. On the fun polka dot ring days, she gets to invite a friend over to do that craft with her. Yesterday, 26 more days til Christmas, We learned about Jesus's birth for FHE and then watched the nativity movie. It was a great way to start out our Christmas season.

25 Days until Christmas...

Today we made a little gum drop santa, snowman, Christmas tree, snails, and mushrooms. This project took about 45 min from start to completely cleaned up and was so fun. We had lots of laughs when making the snowman, because his nose is HUGE!

Here is the beginning of the Santa. The best about this is she was able to make most of these herself , with little help from me.



Our end creation... it reminds me of a snowglobe, only you can't shake it. he he. I hope that you will all enjoy our countdown to Christmas activities and if you want my list of things we are going to make or do, just let me know. Merry Christmas!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Familia_Henderson said...

I definitely want a list of the things you are planning to do! That is such a cute idea!

Terry said...

I like your snowman and Santa Marcella - Hope you have a lot of fun with your countdown to Christmas. I had fun spending time with you Friday and Saturday - thanks for letting me come over.

Rosalee said...

Super cute!

Shauna said...

Wow! that looks like a ton of fun! I would love the list!
shaunateames@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

i want the list Pleeeeeeze!! Such a cute idea!

Jami said...

I love this idea so much! I'm totally going to do it. Could I get a list of the things you do?

kristi said...

That sounds like a fun idea. I want your list of things!! I wish I could be there to do things with you!!

Keersten said...

You are the cutest mom! We'd love to play along. Thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.