Friday, June 15, 2007

Kicking Off the Summer

We went to the cabin last week. Here are some pictures. We had more fun than you can imagine!

We made a monstrous bonfire....it was the hottest fire I've ever been next to, mainly because we used the Shop Vac as a bellows.



We went to Yellowstone. There were a bunch of bison calves....they're cute, and I bet they taste good too.



This is the closest we came to a group picture...Caroline and Jeff aren't in it...but the rest of us are. Mom, Dad, and Greg were at the Cabin, too, but they left before our trip to Old Faithful.



I was holding Marcella on my shoulders for the eruption. Kanien was gracious enough to assume the role of photographer, and quite insightfully refrained from snapping photos of the geyser. Instead, she took pictures of us observing the geyser in awe.



Marcella enjoyed herself immensely. She was able to run around outside with little to no supervision, and no one got on her case if she got dirty. She really had a blast.



Marcella and I at Big Springs



Lizzy


Kristin



This was our second bonfire...no Shop Vac, but it was plenty hot (especially for Marcella)!



Owie, Hannah, and Caroline -- Marcella loves her cousins!



Marcella likes to draw



Marcella got a lot of dirt-time in...she kept stumbling on the grate in the south staircase...it got to the point where she wouldn't cross any cracks...not even the perfectly safe ones! Here she's trying to get me to carry her off of the porch.




On the last day, we went to Moose Creek. We thought Marcella would have a fun time wading, but the water was a little cold. Instead of splashing, she'd throw sticks and flowers into the stream. Once, she leaned over too far and ended up face-first in it anyway. She wasn't too happy.

I'll post more pictures tonight or tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

That was so much fun!! I wish I could go back and have another enormous scoop of montana moose tracks! mmmm........ that makes my mouth water! Thanks for the awesome trip jon and kanien!

Terry said...

what is montana moose tracks? Thanks for taking Jason - It was nice and quiet and knowing where he was and that he was in good company was comforting! I can't wait to go. Love ya Mom

Gregory said...

That was a sweet fire. Next time we will have to chop down some trees so we can enlarge the pit and do a six or sever footer. I wonder if Jeff could get some oxygen tanks from the hospital?

Unknown said...

That was so much fun! I wish I could have stayed longer! Next time we will have to pull out the shop vac again! Ha Ha just joking Thanks evry one for making it so much fun! I sure miss you greg!!