Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Wading Pool

Hi All

Marcella is less than two months away from the first celebration of her birthday, and we wanted to showcase for you guys how much she's changed. Here are a few "then and now" pics for you.

This was before she got really skinny...she still had some of her baby fat. We took this on October 19, 2005.



Here she is right before Thanksgiving 2005. She weighed around seven pounds.


This is a picture Kanien took yesterday...she weighs 17lbs 4ozs.



Here's a preview of her Halloween Costume. Miriam brought it out to the car before we left last Sunday. It's not as cool as Owen's Horse, but it's still cool.


The following pictures are of our little wading pool outing on Saturday.



She'll splash on command...whether it be in the tub, wading pool, or high chair.


Marcella has always expressed extreme interest in anything we put into our mouths. The first time she saw me drink from the hose, she had to take a hit, too. Now she's addicted, even if most of the water ends up running down her tummy anyway.


Did I mention she likes to attempt to blow bubbles in the water? What I meant is Kanien and I like to attempt to get her to blow bubbles in the water. This is how some of said urging ended: Tongue out, ready to fiercly lick anyone who said, "No, bubbles....brvvbvbvbvbvb"


She's still cautious about walking, but she was getting into and out of the pool with reckless abandon.


Oh yeah...let's not go 5 seconds without that sweeet sweeet water...


The two most beautiful girls in town!!


And last, here's a picture of the bonteous harvest we're enjoying from our garden. These tomatoes are called Sun Gold tomatoes...they're a cherry variety that is a prolific producer with a sweet, mild fruit. I made a sauce from some of them, but forgot about it last night and burnt it. It's actually the very first spaghetti sauce I've ever burned...ever!! Thanks to Mom and Dad for helping to instill the love of Gardening in me!! We're really enjoying our tomatoes.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

What cute pictures!!!! I love them all except for the sick one. I can't believe how sick she looks. I'm so glad she is healthy now...even if she can't eat much. I love the elephant costume. I loved it with Owen because it is so soft and easy to wear. I'm glad Marcella likes water as much as Owen. Miss you guys!

Laurissa said...

Nice post Jon. I like the links in the text. Marcella is so cute. I'm glad you're enjoying your harvest. Our tomatoes are finally starting to rippen. You and Kanien are such good parents!

Laurissa said...

Oh yes, and I like the new look of your blog.

Granpa Dann said...

Way cute pics! Jon you need to be in more of them. The girls are quite cute. Granpadann

Unknown said...

Those are really cute pictures!!!
The whole time I was looking at them I kept on saying how cute she was. I especally love the one where she is puting to hose up to her mouth and I like the one of Kanien and Marcella. That stinks that your sauce burnt