Friday, August 11, 2006

A Nation of Wimps

For all of you guys....read this. It's good.

A Nation of Wimps

It talks about various (bad) parenting habits that can adversely affect your children even though it seems like you're doing them favors. I think being members of the Church helps us avoid these things, but it's really interesting to see what psychologists are saying about the problems post-adolescents are facing, and how parenting behaviors have affected young adult's performance in college.

Jon

Oh, and here's a picture so you're not too bored with this post:

 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Thanks for giving me something to read:) I really liked your last post too but I couldn't get it to let me leave a comment.

Laurissa said...

That was an interesting article. I think it generalizes a little too much, applying their conclusions to 100 percent of the poplulation, but it does make some good points. At least now I don't feel guilty for watching my children play on the playground instead of playing with them.

Jon said...

Yeah, it has some huge generalizations. The parts about the cell phones making kids more dependent on their parents was interesting...

Spencer Wallin said...

I thought it was good to. The whole time I was thinking, am I one of these type of kids, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.