Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cedar Point

Kanien was kind enough to let me travel back to Ohio and see Ted this past weekend. He needed someone to drive back to Utah with him, so I got a cheap ticket through Southwest, flew out there, went to Cedar Point, then drove back to Utah with him. It was pretty fun, but not what I'd call an ideal vacation.

I guess the highlight of the trip was when we went to Cedar Point. I'd heard a lot about Cedar Point, mostly from David and Tara (Ogden/Olson respectively), so I was pretty stoked about going. While it was a fun park, I was underwhelmed. I thought it would be mind-blowing, but it wasn't, maybe because I'm older and not as fascinated by roller coasters. There weren't very many lines, as it rained most of the day, but there was potential for HUGE lines. Ted said the time he'd come, they had to wait almost two hours for one of the coasters, and that wasn't even one of the busiest days. I couldn't believe people would wait that long...that realization could have dampened my experience as well. Here's a picture of their second biggest roller coaster, Millenium Force. It has a drop of 300 feet, and you reach 100 mph. It was really fun. The biggest coaster there, Top Thrill Dragster (400 foot drop, 120 mph), was closed so we didn't ride it.




The drive home was long, but pretty fun. It made me want to road trip with Kanien and Marcella...I bet the fun would last about 10 minutes!!!!!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Road trips are always more fun afterward when you can just talk about all the funny stuff that happened. Living them is really not that great. Jeff made some comment the other day that driving accross the country was fun and he'd like to do it again. I just told him he was crazy and that I could honestly say I didn't enjoy one thing about it!!! That's why I'm flying to where ever we move to next. Even if I have to sell my piano or wedding ring to do it. Hey Jon maybe you could come and drive the truck with Jeff! Doesn't that sound fuN?? :)

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurissa said...

The real reason it was underwhelming is because we live just over an hour from Cedar Point and you didn't even stop in and say hello! Of course you shouldn't have any fun at all when your flesh and blood relatives are crying out for you to stop in and visit them when you are closer to them than you've been for years!