Friday, January 20, 2006

Tagged?

I guess I just do the same thing Laurissa did...mine will probably be pretty boring, though.

4 Jobs You Have Had in Your Life:

This one's pretty easy, if not a little boring. My sleaziest job was when I worked in Lagoon's games dept. They would tell us stuff like, "Today is Italian Day. They ordered over 50 kegs of beer from Catering (Group Foods), so they'll probably have pretty loose pockets by the end of the day. I was also a telemarketer...it wasn't as bad as everyone always says it is...of course I just activated bank cards for Wells Fargo, so nothing that bad. I met my wife at Deseret Book (working as a sales peon), so I'd better include that. Currently I'm a freelance video operator/videographer/library dude/home hospice worker/student. That's probably the busiest job I've ever had.

4 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:

Kanien and I like Sleepless in Seattle. More often than not, when we're sitting at home wondering if we should watch a video, it's Sleepless in Seattle. I can watch the old Star Wars movies a ton (I'll count that as one). I also like Persuasion, the one with CiarĂ¡n Hinds in it (check out The Internet Movie Database if you don't know it...it's a good flick). Last...probably It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World...especially with Mom, Dad, and the Family.

4 Places You Have Lived:

Hmmm...I started life in Michigan, but don't remember much about it. Kaysville is still the place I call "home," and it probably will be until Kanien and I settle down for good. I served my mission in Italy...lived in Milan for a year straight, so I should probably put Milan down. And...Sugarhouse is a cool area; I'm living there now.

4 TV Shows You Love to Watch:

Cosby Show, Looney Tunes, This old House or any cool KUED cooking show, and MASH. The first time I remember watching MASH was when we lived in Layton (the Camelot Subdivision). I was probably five or six, and I remember going out into the "front room" or whatever it was called, the one at the end of the hall, and Dad was watching MASH, probably at 10:00 p.m. or so. He let me sit by him on the couch and watch it...I only remember it was MASH, I don't remember what was going on. That was back in the day when Dad watched TV...now he doesn't.

4 Places You Have Been on Vacation:

Well...I've been to Jellystone Park in Manti, UT. That was a cool place, except my sister Caroline ignored the whole family for a week, instead choosing to hang out at the pool with boys from West Jordan. I've been to the Cinque Terre, a string of five cities on the Mediterranean in Italy. That's my favorite beach location...but Les Calanques in Southern France is pretty cool, too. Island Park, ID is probably my #1 vacation spot. I can't imagine not going there at least once a year. I think it's the only thing that keeps me sane during school/work/real life. No vacation list would be complete without the Wind Rivers in it. That's my #2 spot in the world, after Island Park.

4 websites you visit daily:

I visit family blogs, Digg.com (technology news), Google News (world news), and The Elder Scrolls, hoping they'll say a game they're producing has a ship date.

4 of your favorite foods:


I'd have to say a fresh salad with good Olio d'Olive Extra-Vergine and a good Aceto Balsamico di Modena is pretty hard to beat. Italian Pizza (authentic stuff) is right up there, too. Anything spicy from India/Thailand/China is good. But by far my #1 favorite meal consists of fresh European bread with butter, cheese, and a nice glass of Aranciata.

4 places you would rather be right now:

1. Island Park, ID with Kanien and Marcella (and the rest of the family). 2. At home with Kanien and Marcella. 3. Anywhere in Europe. 4. The Wind Rivers (yes, even if there's 16 feet of snow there right now).

4 National or State Parks You’d Rather not Live Without:

Capitol Reef is pretty cool. I'll have to go with the Jim Bridger Wilderness Area, the Uintah Mountain Wilderness Area, and Yellowstone just to round things off.

4 Books You’ve Read in the Past Year (or two):

Last year or two? How about in the last two months? I finished Out of the Silent Planet, by C. S. Lewis, then Perelandra, (same author), and That Hideous Strength...the final book in his Space Trilogy. I also read a commentary on The Chronicles of Narnia called Into the Wardrobe, that was by David C. Downing. It was pretty good. I'd go into books I've read for school, but most of you wouldn't be to thrilled with that.

4 Things You Like to Create:

I like to create web pages, even if I don't update my personal page very often. I also like to create video. It's pretty fun, even if editing stuff gets sort of boring. I like to create poetry, and some day I'll put some of the stuff I've written up on a website. I also like to create meals...so cooking, I guess.

Oh, and here's a recipe I created...actually won the contest. It's the only way I come up on Google...if you search "jon wallin" I'm on the second page!!

4 Bloggers You are Tagging:

I don't know any bloggers other than Mom that haven't already been tagged....except Kanien's Cousin...whose blog is here.

3 comments:

Gregory said...

Will you be going to the Wind Rivers this year?

Kanien said...

Yes, I will. Will you? Hopefully they give you some time off!!

Oh, and a couple of corrections: We live in the Millstream Township, not Sugarhouse...and I come up on the THIRD page of Google's search for "Jon Wallin."

Kanien said...

Oh...that last comment even though it says Kanien is really from Jon. So is this.