Monday, August 05, 2013

Remember that month called December

 I know, it is only 4 months away, but let's reminisce:


 For Christmas this past year I asked my Mom to meet me in Arizona. We met at my Grandma and Grandpa Pollards and spent the first week of December with them. I had such a great time! We went shopping like nobody's business, but it was so fun! (That would make a great present again this year Mom...hint hint...)


We went to the Mesa Temple and walked around it was so Beautiful and Yes even a little chilly, but I couldn't get over all the lemon and grapefruit trees. I almost picked a few, but they just weren't ripe yet.


I think it was are first or second, maybe even our third year of marriage when Jon's advice started to really sink in, "if you want to have a fun time on your Birthday, throw your own Birthday Party".  This year I thought my party was a hit. I had so much fun. we had about 4 families, 8 adults and about 15 kids. (I will admit, it was a little caiotic hence why I am standing on the table, and yes that was a basket filled with bells for each kid. I am not sure my hearing has recovered.)
Each family was to pick out 2 people they wanted to go caroling to and then bring something to put in each goodie basket to give the people we caroled to. I wish I had a picture of the gift boxes. They were AWESOME. 
 

We had to practice a couple of songs before we left and then we split up and delivered baskets. The kids and I had so much fun singing and giving the boxes. I think I will for sure do this next year, although maybe just as a party and not my birthday...


 We came back, enjoyed cake and ice cream and then the adults got presents. I love giving presents so I gave them to the gals in the group. I wish I had a picture. I will have to remember for this year.


My Mom does the 12 days of Christmas each year for the girls and one of the days was read a book and enjoy some hot chocolate. to say that Marcella loves hot chocolate is an understatement.


Best picture of the girls in their Christmas Dresses.

We had also put Claire in Gymnastics at the place Cella goes. However, it may look fine and dandy, but she would take off running across the gym and then you would see me running after her. it was a little too much for her to sit and wait her turn, so I basically sat behind her the whole time. I am thinking this year she might be a little better at following directions but we will have to see.



Uncle Greg came and Celebrated Christmas with us this year. We were so glad to have him. Jon and Greg were able to meet Spencer up in Michigan and go to a Lyons game. When they got back we decorated cookies.





We started to let the girls open the presents they give to each other on Christmas Eve. Cella gave Claire a Strawberry Shortcake Book and boy was she happy. She wouldn't put it down forever.





 Little Claire gave Marcella a bunch of American Girl doll shoes. She was sooo excited. 




For the past 3 years Santa has called Marcella on Christmas Eve to make sure she has been a good girl. She can not believe that Santa has called her!


Christmas Morning. The rest are pictures of our Day. I love Christmas. I love spending the day with our family. We had such a great time. Little Claire ended up getting Croup and so we had to stay in and spend New Year's Eve alone, but we had a fun time together. Enjoy the pictures.




























No comments: