Monday, August 05, 2013

Louisville

It was a normal Saturday in Feb. Jobs (Chores) hadn't been done in a few weeks, so I had kindly informed my family that this weekend they would get done. Since I had finished mine on Friday you can imagine how bored I was watching them clean and I pulled Jon aside and said let's just forget it and get in the car and go somewhere. we can even decide when we get in the car. So 30 minutes later and a couple packed bags we hoped in the car throwing caution to the wind. I have to admit it has been one of my favorite vacations. We decided if we want warm weather we better start heading south and before we knew it we ended up in Louisville, KY. We were able to get a super sweet deal on a nice hotel that over looked the Ohio River. We checked in went to dinner. Then took the girls to the Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen. Super Yummy! The next day we went exploring. We headed over to the Zoo, because Marcella is obessed with Gorillas, and they have an amazing exhibit for them. (side note: we kind of walked right around it and missed the Gorillas all together. by this time Claire was going crazy and Cella was mad that the only thing we saw was some pictures of people poaching Gorillas. Well she was actually furious and tired. So we pulled up and took a seat next to this tiger cage. As we were trying to calm down our children and not go completely bananas, this Tiger walked over and growled at us so loudly that it scared us half to death. We didn't even see it until after we heard the growl. I am thankful he was still in his cage, but we all thought we were about to be his lunch.)

Afterwards we had debated on if we should go to the Louisville Bat Factory. See I didn't want to spend that much on the tour especially when I thought it wouldn't be that cool for the girls, but I really really wanted to go. So Jon said let's just do it and we went. It was awesome because Inthe month of Feb. Indiana residents get tickets half off and the kids were free. So if you can't tell I was so happy. It was actually really cool to go and see how they made bats. They take you right into the shop. at the end you get a little bat and the girls loved that. Afterwards we headed home. It was the perfect over nighter. Enjoy the Cell Phone Pics:


















No comments: