Sunday, July 01, 2012

End of School

Marcella's school had a bunch of fun activities during the last week of school. One activity was to decorate a wagon and be in a book parade. Marcella was super excited about it and so here is Marcella and her float.


Can you guess which book? We sure had a lot of help making this. Ashley, Cyndi and Heather thanks for the fun late nights. You gals are awesome! 




You had to pick a book you have read and to be honest I wondered what Marcella would remember about the Hobbit since Jon had read it to her last year and I wasn't quite sure if she even knew what was going on.  In the end she surprised me a couple times, by reminding me to add certain details about the book that I had even forgotten about. 




The best part? Eating it when we were done. I was amazed at how easy marshmallow fondant is to make. Yummy!



Marcella on the last day of school.  They put on a little program.  I am not sure which was more fun to watch, Marcella or Claire, because Marcella had taught Claire all the songs and actions so she was in heaven while sitting in the audience singing right along with them. 



Marcella and Mrs. Wright. We sure loved Marcella's kindergarten teacher this year. Marcella had so much fun and LOVES school. In fact if you ask what she is most excited about this summer... "Well when school starts again!"  She is excited to go to school all day and eat lunch at school! I just can't believe she is going into 1st grade!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for the Hobbit! I'm actually re-reading it this week! The float looks awesome and Marcella is looking so grown up.

Terry said...

I really like your float Marcella. I haven't ever read the Hobbit, guess I should.

Terry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.