Sunday, March 07, 2010

A few things I will miss

As you all know from Jon's Post (almost ready to post, I just couldn't wait) we are heading to...

As I was looking at some of our pictures today I started to think about ALL the things I am going to miss when we leave. Here are a few of the things I will miss most.

THE CABIN....

in the summer &

The Winter.

The mountains! We really live in an amazing place. I love all the beauty that surrounds us and I am really going to miss seeing the mountains everyday.

Utah Football Games. We will always bleed RED. The only saving grace is we have this to look forward to this fall...

Of course our families. I would have to say that Jon and I would do just about anything our families asked us to do. We sure do LOVE you guys and it is going to be so hard to be without you. Thank you for being our Best Friends and please come and see us whenever you want.


We have made so many wonderful friends and I hate to admit how bad I am going to miss them as well. I feel like a little girl who is going to cry because my parents are making me move away from my friends. It sure is going to be really hard. I want to thank all of you who have been so nice to our family. We sure love you guys!

Last but not least... since we have a couple months before we head out I am starting to make a list of "must sees" before we leave. For example call me crazy, but I have never been to Arches or Zions (I know a little pathetic) but I would love your input on fun places we need to go before we head out to the mid-west. So keep your suggestions coming and I will try to not think about how we will be leaving so soon. Love you all and have a fabulous afternoon!


13 comments:

Keersten said...

Congratulations! Sand dune arch is by far our favorite spot in Arches. The girls love playing there and it is usually not as crowded. We also went to Kennecott last year and loved it! It was fun to see all of the giant trucks and the pit. Can't wait to read about all of your new adventures!

Spencer Wallin said...

Kanien that is so sad. I totally hope you make it to Zion. national park. It's like you're both leaving on a mission, except that normal communication is allowed.

smlaw said...

I don't have any suggestions about places to go in Utah because we are also a little sad when it comes to visiting Utah places but we are going to miss you guys. I asked Hallie who her favorite person of anyone to play with was and she said Marcella.

Caroline said...

I think you need to hang out with us a lot. And from experience I will say that when you come to visit you will probably do the cabin, and go up the canyon (at least you and the kids, but maybe not Jon). But Southern Utah would be harder to do on visits here.

Kevin & Lindsay said...

We for sure need to hang out before you leave. We were planning on a trip to Ohio, Indiana & Kentucky to visit Kevin's mission. I know that he has some friends in Batesville which is about 2 hours away. We could come & visit! That is exciting for a new adventure but sad. Let's set something up before you leave.

Laurissa said...

I think you should really check out West Kaysville more before you leave. It's great out here. We're going to miss you!

Katherine and Rick said...

You should definitelt see Southern Utah, but besides Zion and Bryce, be sure to see the less crowded areas of San Juan County.

Rosalee said...

If you guys head out to Arches you should also head over to Mesa Verde. It's in Colorado, but it is SO amazing! We'll also have to hang out before you move. We will definitely miss you guys!

Andi said...

Hey! Your cute face came up in my Gmail contacts list and I saw your status update...so I thought I'd stop by and comment, as requested! ;)

First of all congratulations are in order...although I'm not sure if it's for more schooling or a job. But either way, that's fantastic! My husband is applying for the MBA program at Notre Dame...so there's a chance that we might end up in Indiana, too!

Anyways...on to the request: If you're into high-adventure, I think, hands down, you need to do the Subway, Orderville Canyon, and/or Angels Landing in Zion. They're not really easy hikes...but sooooo worth the effort. I'm planning to do the Narrows when I get back from Africa this summer--it will be my first time--but that hike is also highly-recommended (but apparently quite brutal).

There are also a number of short hikes at Zion where you can take your kids, and there are still amazing sights to behold.

Another short, easier hike that I've done is near the Green River called Little Wildhorse Canyon. It's a slot canyon. It was pretty cool--kind of in the middle of no where--but cool. I think you would be able to take your kids on that hike.

Arches is amazing...and if you go, you need to do the short hike to Delicate Arch. I'm a little partial to Zion, if you have to pick one park, but try to make it to see both!

I hope you're doing well. Your girls are beautiful! I can't believe how big they're getting! If you ever get a second, shoot me an email or something, I'd love a more detailed update!

(Sorry for the novel I just wrote!)

Unknown said...

I think you should go to Las Vegas again and stay on the strip. That's what Chris and I want to do!

Shana Lynn said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! We will miss you dearly!!! You are awesome and such a great influence on everyone around you!!! Beehives will not be the same without you!!

Lindy said...

Hard as it may be, it will be the best thing you've ever done. You'll learn to rely on each other even more than you already do, and that can only be a good thing :)

Unknown said...

hike Timp around July 24th.
Southern Utah , Zions, Arches A must. You'll meet lots of people who have visited these sights and feel sad you didn't.