Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dentist

Over the past few years of my young life I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I did, I would eventually have a filling in every single tooth of my poor mouth. Then things started getting worse, after Marcella and Claire I have had to have root canals (yes that is plural, I think I am up to FOUR now). So as I was contemplating the rest of my life I realized it was more likely that I would have all fake teeth when I get older and you know it might be kind of nice. Then yesterday I had the "opportunity" to have a gum graft on my bottom 2 front teeth. No big deal right, well I also learned that sometime in my life I will most likely have to have all 6 of my front teeth grafted. So I said well would it be more beneficial to have them all done at once? Let's get it all over with right? Then they calmly tell me, well it is $700 a tooth. Are you kidding me? oh ya I just have $4600 (including the sedation fee) just lying around. So this time we opted to only have the two that are really bad done. I am trying to have a positive outlook and here is what I have come up with: well since I basically can't eat anything for 2 weeks I might be able to lose the baby weight I have wanted to. Bring on more liquids. This is the best time to get out of doing anything I don't want to do. At least for 2 whole weeks. umm I know that I will eventually come up with more things that might make this experience more enjoyable, but for now I hope you enjoy these pictures that have made me smile.


This is Marcella before Church on Sunday. She gave her first talk in Primary. She did such a great job!


This is one of the perks of having Claire eat out of a bottle. Every once in a while Marcella likes to help feed her.


This is Marcella's new friend Hallie. They have so much fun together. They dressed up for the ball and then danced around our living room for a while, it was pretty cute.



Claire Bear is getting so big. She now can sit up for about a second or two by herself. She has been laughing and smiling a lot lately and we are having soo much fun with her.



This is how much fun Owen and I were having at Mim's wedding. Ha j/k it was so much fun Mim we loved it!


Sweetie Pie



This is Marcella making Macaroons. They were the easiest recipe to make. Marcella basically made it all by herself and they were delicious. I am sad I didn't get a picture of the finished product. I will have to post a picture after we make then again. If you love coconut, you will love these, Yum!



This is me and Marcella right before we got our haircut the other day. We were having fun taking our pictures.



I think this is one of the prettiest picture we took at the wedding. Grace is so beautiful.



Nathan came over to trade us cars and it had been snowing a ton, so him and Marcella made a big fort for her to play in. The next day when it had melted Marcella said, "oh who ruined my fort?" She was super sad it was all gone.


What an Angel


Last but not least here I am in all my glory, swollen face and all. I hope that you are having a better day than me. Love you!

9 comments:

lynsey said...

so sorry about your teeth! my sister is the same way, it doesn't matter how much she brushes/flosses, she always has a cavity or needs a root canal done.

but question here...what is a gum graft? i'm asking because i have had issues the gums in front of my bottom two teeth too & have been kind of concerned about it. but since we don't have dental insurance & no extra $, i've just had to live with it.

if you can email me that would be awesome so that i can just see if i have something as serious as you do.

ben.strader@gmail.com

thanks!
fantastic pictures by the way, your girls are so beautiful!

Spencer Wallin said...

I love the pictures! And that's a total bummer about the teeth. Hope you're feeling better soon. At least we live in utah. You probably could have gone to Mexico and had the work done. I know a nice dentist. He's the bishop of a ward down there, but the works not that great so you would probably look funny the rest of your life if you were to do that.

Amie said...

That stinks so bad. I hope you get feeling better. The pictures were all really cute. I really like your new hair cut. I can't believe how long your hair was getting.

Caroline said...

Thanks for all the cute pictures. I love them! I really hope you feel better soon, and you totally should take it easy and just watch some good flicks!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Kanien. If i still really wanted to be a dentist [sorry i changed my mind] you would be able to do it for free ;). That sounds so painful and i hope that i never have to get that done. Those are way cute pictures and i hope that you feel better!!

Unknown said...

Kanien, that totally stinks. I'm sorry. If you ever need new teeth I will donate mine. I have 4 huge wisdom teeth protruding in the back of my mouth. just kidding. I love that picture of Jon and claire!! It is so cute.

Unknown said...

that last comment was from lizzy I didn't realize it was posting as kristin

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you have quite an experience. I've been so crazy with school lately I haven't even had time to do anything. And (gasp) we haven't worked on a menu! I will work on one for February though. I hope you heal well! Marcella is so cute by the way!

Jacci said...

your girls are beautiful! I hope everything is going well for you!